This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Well, it is officially that time of year again where we pack up all of our winter clothes and shove them into boxes for the springtime! Whether your idea of spring cleaning is deep cleaning out your closet and home, or just getting some flowers for your dining room table, there are many things you can do to feel some feng shui and spring fever. Here is a list of easy tasks you can complete to get you feeling springy!

Create a Winter/Summer box

If you have limited closet space, and tons of clothes then this tip is for you. Go to any super store and purchase a storage tote, I recommend one of the largest ones you can get your hands on, and every time the seasons change you can throw all winter clothes into the tote and bring out all of your fun summer clothes!

(Bigger bins are a lot better when storing winter jackets and snow pants)

Go through your closet

If you are anything like me, I NEED to clean out my closet once a season otherwise there’s no room for new clothes! When spring rolls around, I recommend going through any clothes that you do not need and donating them to Goodwill or Value Village. By doing this, I open up a lot more room my sundresses, tank tops, jean shorts and flip flops that are in my online shopping cart.

Buy some new home decor

Go to Marshalls, TJ Maxx or Ross and go crazy! (kidding, but it’s easy to do) These stores always have great deals on home goods, and you can be sure to find something for any style you have going on in your house. A new piece of artwork, maybe some new kitchen towels or even a new rug can add some spring flair to any home.