priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash
priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash

She’s Just Not That Into You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

We have all experienced different types of relationships, one of them being friendships. Sometimes a guy likes a girl who does not like him, or the other way around. Being friendzoned is a like little heart breaking at times, but by looking at the signs that girls use to make sure you stay in the friend zone. We also included how girls can change the way they go about making sure you are telling him the right way, can lead to better results and making sure no feelings are hurt. 

For the Guys:

1. She says, “I’m not ready or not looking for a relationship”

This line is used to get you off easy. If she really liked you she would make it known and pursue you just as you are pursing her. She would also make sure your interest would not go elsewhere, but if there is a sign that she does not care if you are talking to other girls, then she might not care for you as much as you thought.

2.  She hardly calls/ texts you

When a women is not engaging in active dialogue whether it is texting, on the phone, or in person, she is telling you she wants to be left alone. Do not take this as playing to hard to get. If she is not initiating the conversation or responding, she is not too interested.

3. She keeps you in the friendzone

If she says, “I am happy being single” or “see’s you better as a friend” she cares about your feelings and appreciates the relationship you have, but does not see you as a romantic interest. Don’t try with this one, because most likely you will not get her to change her mind. It would be better to move on, keep the friendship you have, and find someone that will like you as much as you like them.

4. She says, “she is finding herself”

A women generally knows from the moment she sees you whether she can picture herself with you or not. If she tells you she is trying to find herself, she is actually trying to find someone who she can actually looking for someone that is perfect for her.

5. She avoids your pursuits…like the plague!

If you have gathered up the courage to ask her out but she tells you she needs time or keeps avoiding your advances and affection with excuses, she is stalling because she is not into you. When women want to be with you, you will not have trouble reading her interest. Take some time to find someone who won’t hesitate to be with you.

For the Girls:

1. Don’t drag his heart around

If you do not see the friendship flourishing into something more, than do not try and lead him on, do not leave breadcrumb that signals that may be one day you will be interested, and do not continue to tell him things that you do not actually mean just to keep him in your life. If he does not agree with your decision of staying just friends and decides to never talk to you again, then that is his loss not yours.

2. If you do end up staying friends, BE FRIENDS!

Do not rely on him to be your shoulder to cry on, or a person to hook up with after your breakup. That will just confuse him and make him regain those feelings of the confusing messages you are sending him.

3. Don’t call him by his name, use friendship words like guy, pal, friend, and champ

This may help get the point across that you would just like to stay friends and only see him as a friend. It will help relay the message that you do not have any romantic interest in them whatsoever.

4. Hangout in groups or suggest he would look good with another person

By hanging out in groups you are able to try an avoid any chance that your guys hanging out would suggest being on a date. Also if you do hangout suggests that he would look great with another person. That will get him on the track to changing his mind about liking you.

5. Just flat out tell him, “I would just like to stay friends”

Going right to the point will help rely any hidden or confusing messages along the way. This is a clean and easy way to avoid the trouble of hurting his feelings down the road.

Hopefully by being aware of how others can be feeling, you can avoid some “heartbreak.” I know that these arent going to work for EVERY situation, but maybe you can use some of these to your advantages. By knowing how to respond, you might save yourself an awkward conversation in the future. Let us know if you’ve ever been through the emotional roller coaster that is “the friendzone” and if you have any other tips! We got to stick together out here everybody. 

Her Campus CWU President and Writer Previous Her Campus CWU Events Director Current student at Central Washington University  Major: Public Relations Minor: Advertising, Sports Business, and Interdisplinary Honors I love writing about anything and everything! Politics, fashion, mental health, and many others! I hope to be able to utilize my skills/ endeavors from Her Campus, along with other clubs, organizations, and experience in order to pursue a career in PR.