To The Person Who Adventures In The Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Waking up this morning to a blanket of a fresh new snow was the best possible way to start my day. To everyone else (according to their snapchats) this was definitely not the case. Being as happy as I was I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want to ditch out on class today for some fun in the snow. Even though I was a good student and went to all my classes here’s a list of things I wish I was doing instead!

Ski/Snowboard

My all-time favorite pastime in the winter is being up on the mountain. Being very busy with school and two jobs I still manage to make this a top priority in my free time. Night operations are a great way to get up there and enjoy your free time without breaking the bank!

Snowshoeing

This is not always considered an exciting way to travel, it is a great way to explore your favorite trails when they aren’t normally accessible. So many trails are snowshoeing accessible and we don’t even think about it! I would recommend change most rental places have great rates for all day use, plus recommendations if you’re not sure what trail is best for you.

Nordic Skiing

A fun way to get out and get some cardio in, why not right? I’ll be the first to admit I am not skilled in any way when it comes to cross country skiing, but I always find myself having a great time while doing it. Plus, any cardio I’m not doing on a treadmill is a real plus.

Natural Hot Springs

This is high up on the winter bucket list. It might be a struggle to make it up to on of these beauties, some I know you have to hike up to, but what better a reward than a natural hot tub up in the mountains? Complete serenity, talk about some rest and relaxation.

Snowmobiling

This is for the thrill seeker in all of us. Not everyone has a super snowmobiling friend at their beck and call, but this is why snowmobile tours exist. Such a great way to see new snow covered views and experience something new.

Sledding

Forever the go-to snow event. Whether its on a sled, raft, piece of cardboard, or just an icy slope in your snow pants you’re bound to have an amazing time. Have races, make it a competition, or just see who can catch the most air. As long as there is some hot chocolate waiting at the end of the day, the kind with the marshmallows of course, you’re bound to make memories that’ll last a lifetime.

Marketing major at Central Washington University