alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Our Favorite Netflix Original Stand Ups

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

With all the bad going on in the world around us, we all could use a good laugh from time to time! But honey we get it, you’re busy, and who has time to sort through tons of comedy shows to pick out the good ones? Well Her Campus Central Washington University has decided to take the work out of it for you. We have compiled a list of our 5 favorite Netflix Original comedy shows, let us know how hard you laughed after watching these knee-slappers. 

Sarah Silverman: A Speck of Dust

Sarah Silverman is definitely not everyone’s cup of tea. But with her edgy humor and downright vulgar jokes, she is more than capable of making you laugh with her controversial stand up special on Netflix A Speck of Dust.

Hasan Minhaj: Homecoming King

Personally familiar to the immigration debate, Hasan Minhaj gives you the story of his family immigrating over to the United States. He combines his bold comedic style with serious topics that will move you but leave you laughing in Homecoming King.

Neal Brennan: 3 Mics

Between his own personal experiences and hilariously honest jokes, Neal Brennan’s humor is brilliantly interesting to listen to. In his stand up special 3 Mics, Brennan strikes the audience with his best one liners, personal emotionally relatable confessions and stand up. In his interestingly different take of using three separate mics to distinguish the three, hence “3 mics”.

Jen Kirkman: Just Keep Livin’?

In a less unique form of stand up, Jen Kirkman is weirdly relatable and hard to not listen to. In her Netflix special, Just Keep Livin’?, she expresses her own relatable life experiences combined with controversial topics that are hard not to enjoy and not find hilarious.

Trevor Noah: Afraid of the Dark

Brilliantly honest and comedic, Trevor Noah, a South African native, discusses various topics at issue in the world. He speaks on issues like racism making them heavy but light topics with his own original and amusing stand up style.  With his intellect driving most humor and incredible use of accents elaborating stories, he will undeniably make you laugh in Afraid of the Dark.