An Open Letter to: The Crazy Cat Lady on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

As Valentine’s Day rolls around everyone is looking for the perfect gift to give to that special someone. Or the perfect dress to wear out to dinner to go along with those shoes you just bought for today specifically. Well, if you’re the type who has a SO with 4 legs, purrs, and has a long furry tail, then you are the luckiest of them all. Without further ado, here is an open letter to the crazy cat lady on Valentine’s Day.

Your cat won’t judge you

Don’t feel guilty for eating a bag of Valentine’s Day candy. If anything your kitty will sit on the couch next to you playing with the wrappers or the box that was once filled with chocolate. (eat the chocolate first, it’s poisonous for cats) So go buy yourself a big ass bag of candy, a bottle of wine, and a heart shaped pizza from dominos and you’ll both be in business. (Don’t forget to get your furry friend some cat treats, they deserve love too)

What about the gifts?

I mean what pet owner doesn’t LOVE the pet store. Not only is picking out cute cat toys one of the funniest things to do period, but getting cute Valentine’s Day toys, even better. Plus you will have hours of entertainment watching them run around with a heart shaped toy being ripped apart in your living room. How festive. 

Valentine’s Day snuggles arranged 

Sitting on the couch crying into your pillow while watching The Notebook is a lot better with a cat in your lap. Kitties are small and warm and they purr… a lot. What more could you ask for. But don’t be confused when they start to take up all the room on the couch, they tend to stretch out and take up as much space as possible.

Dinner for 1.5 is a lot cheaper than dinner for 2

Why bother getting all dressed up and going out to a fancy dinner in uncomfortable shoes? Your cat doesn’t care if you are in pumps or slippers, all they’re thinking is “sit down on this couch, let me lay on your lap, and pet me” that’s all. You don’t have to dress to impress, instead you can cuddle with your fur baby in sweats and a tank top.

Your cat will never break your heart

Not only is your cat your soulmate, but they are indefinitely your soulmate. You don’t have to worry about them ever leaving you, because they can’t. The love you feel for each other is a two way street “you pet me, I’ll purr” or  “feed me, then I’ll cuddle in bed after I’m done eating” it’s a win win for everyone involved.