This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Just because the holiday season is over doesn’t mean you can’t keep the winter festivities going. Everyone like to decorate their apartment or houses for the season, but since most of us are out on our own for the first time we don’t always have the amount of decorations on hand at our disposal like we do back home. Here is an inexpensive and easy way to make a seasonal winter wreath for your front door or anywhere in your house.

What you’ll need:

• A wire or wood wreath outline
  • 3 15ft green garlands
  • 2 rolls of mesh ribbon colors of your choice
  • Ornament hangers or pipe cleaners and other decorations of your choice

Next you wrap the wreath outline in the green garland to make it is as covered and fluffy as you want. As you wrap it take the ornament hooks and bend them to wrap around the garland to keep it in place.

Once the wreath is covered in garland take one of your mesh ribbons, I took my red and white one, and create as many bows as you can. Wrap the ornament hooks around the center to keep them together. Then place them around the wreath as you like them and fasten them with the ornament hooks to the wreath.

After the bows were on, I wrapped blue mesh ribbon around the wreath through the center of the bows and fastened it in between every bow to the wreath with the ornament hooks. Then I fastened two blue jingle bells, or embellishment of your choice, to the center of every bow and two silver jingle bells in between every bow. Here is the finished product:

Now you have an inexpensive and easy way to decorate your apartment or house during the winter season.

21 years old, Senior at CWU, Go Cats!, Dog mom, Fiancé.