This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

We hate to be the bearer of bad news, Wildcats, but finals are less than a month away… Lucky for you, we’ve gone around campus and created a list of our favorite coffee shops on campus to keep you energized for upcoming exams.

The Breeze Thru Café – Michaelsen Hall

Nestled into the breezeway in between Michaelsen and Randall Halls sits the Breeze Thru Café, a student ran coffee shop serving Central students and professors the best coffee on campus. The Breeze Thru features local espresso from Ellensburg’s own D&M Coffee along with a variety of snacks and specialty drinks like Red Bull Italian Sodas. They run weekly specials like Double Stamp Tuesdays so customers can earn free drinks more frequently. Their most popular promotion is 50 cent Friday, where they markdown all of their pastries to 50 cents!

Alongside the amazing coffee the baristas make, one of the best things about the Breeze Thru is it’s the perfect spot to study or meet with group projects as it has a ton of tables and the windows provide a great atmosphere. Michaelsen Hall is home to a variety of programs at CWU (Family Consumer Science, Nutrition, Apparel, Textiles and Merchandising, and Rec and Tourism) and the building a quick walk from a lot of places on campus. Our favorite thing about the Breeze Thru is how the baristas treat their customers. Junior barista Kylene Olin says, “we have a lot of regulars here at the Breeze Thru. When you make someone’s coffee every morning, you really get to know them and create relationships! It’s something special that baristas at bigger shops can’t do!” 

The 1891 Bistro – Tunstall Commons

The 1891 Bistro in the Tunstall Commons is also a popular place on campus. Like the Breeze Thru, they also feature D&M Coffee and tons of pastries and snacks! Our favorite thing about the Bistro is that they carry local Winegar’s Ice Cream, a perfect treat to pair with your coffee for a treat after class! The Bistro is open late, so it’s a good spot to study when you need a change of pace from the library. It’s Central’s own “Central Perk” from Friends!

Jimmy B’s – James Brooks Library 

Our last featured spot on campus is in a place that we don’t necessarily like to be – the library. The library can be a depressing and tiring place that we all dread going to, especially during spring quarter. Luckily for us, Jimmy B’s opened up last year to provide coffee when exhaust starts to kick in around the three-hour mark in the library. They pride themselves on grab-and-go snacks and coffee as a convenience for to students to help them get through their studying. I’m sure we all will be spending a lot of time in the library in the coming weeks with finals quickly approaching, so stop by and tell us what you think!

Stop by one of our three favorite coffee shops to get your studying done for finals and refuel with your favorite specialty drink!