books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Cuffing season: The official time of the year when the new school year comes back around, the leaves start to change and the temperature of the air drops. The time when we just want someone to cling on to because we are stressed, lonely or both. Or on the flip side you maybe because you just experienced a breakup up or some messy relationship drama. Either way, these are normal feeling because there is a constant battle between what we know and what we want, feelings can be annoying and it’s time to kick them to the curb.

This is the time of your life when you need to focus on you and not the constant stress and drama of “why don’t I have that relationship?” This is the perfect time to chill out and focus on you and only you and stop the broken record of “maybe they’re the one” that we all know too well.

Relationships come and go in college, but grades are final. These 4 years are all you have to build a foundation for a bomb future that you dream of every day, so make the most of them!

There are so many people that try to skip this phase of their life because they want to get to the “good stuff” but in reality that is not how it really works (some people are the exception but you’re probably the rule). It is a lot better to look back on late nights of studying that got you the best test grade in the class or hanging with your friends, rather than obsessing over if they like you back or not.

Not only should you focus on your grades and your future, but don’t forget about loving your friends. The people you meet in college can become lifelong friends and that is so much more important than finding the love of your life in chemistry class. So, dust off and straighten your crown, stay focused on your goals and continue to slay.

It’s okay to make it all about you for a while. Make yourself incredibly busy, sometimes we need that distraction to focus on being a bad bitch. Also, don’t forget to love yourself unconditionally and make yourself proud.

This is the perfect time to put the drama aside and go into Girl Boss mode. See it as being nice to yourself and not as being mean to them. So stay humble and hustle hard because nothing is more powerful than a woman determined to succeed!   

Her Campus CWU President, Editor-in-chief, and Writer Senior at Central Washington University Major: Social Services Minor: Communications