This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

The first Monday in May is one I hold close to my heart. Though this day may not be as well known as July 4th or December 25th, it should be a national holiday in my opinion. The Met Gala is the annual fundraising party for the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City, and many call it the fashion event of the year. The event celebrates the newest exhibits, revolving around a new theme each year. This years theme: Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination. Though it is not required, many celebs go all out collaborating with their favorite designers to create amazing looks according to the theme.

It is an honor to be invited to arguably the biggest red carpet of the year and no industry is left out of the guest list. From athletes like Tom Brady, singers like Cardi B, and actors like George Clooney, the stars come out in full force for the Met. This year, Madonna performed inside the event, and needless to say, she slayed. 

So! Here are a few of our very favorite looks for the night!

Jennifer Lopez

There will never be a time when J.Lo doesn’t kill it, but I mean come on. She’s 48, you guys!

Rihanna

Rihanna has established herself as the consistent queen of the Met Gala in recent years, and her Pope inspired look did not disappoint. Carry on, RiRi. 

Kim Kardashion West

Kim was dripping in gold and KILLING it. Her body is still crazy, in case you were wondering.

Kendall Jenner

Though Kendall did not dress to the theme as much as others, I am living for this pony tail. Also, I am convinced her legs are 10 miles long. Looking good, Kenny.

Priyanka Chopra

I love every single thing about this dress. Dressing to the theme, fits so well, and absolutely gorgeous details. All. Of. It.

Blake Lively

Last year, Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds looked amazing at the Met, but this year Blake showed up solo and somehow outdid herself. The detail, the train, the halo, and the makeup is all so beautiful. This is by far my favorite look of the whole event.

There were so many beautiful (and questionable) looks from this years Met Gala, and these are just a few of them! Let us know if you liked these looks or if someone else was your favorite of the night!