10 Facts You Can Bring to A Super Bowl Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Since 1966 the Super Bowl has brought together millions of Americans for fabulous food, drinks, football, and oh yeah some unbelievable ads. With the 111 million people expected to watch this year, it’s hard to believe the Super Bowl started with only 24million viewers. Although when you have world class performers like Katy Perry, Bon Jovi, Justin Timberlake (just to name a few of the greats) and the superstar this year LADY GAGA; Football fan or not, every TV will be on to enjoy the entertainment this year.

So I decided to give you lovelys some fun facts to bring to your Super Bowl gathering this weekend. 

1. Super Bowl commercial costs are OUTRAGEOUS 

The minimum price for a 30-second slot during the Super Bowl is $5 million. Let me break that down for you …. $166,666 per second (I’m having a heart attack.) Oh and don’t forget the celebrity appearances and the cost of adding whatever else you need into your commercial.

2. Matt Ryan

The Atlanta Falcons Quarterback Matt Ryan has spent his entire nine year NFL career with the Falcons. If he leads his team to victory this year the Falcons will win their first championship!

3. Super Bowl 50 was LEDGENDARY 

#SB50 was hashtagged 3.7million times.  #SB50 ranked as one of the biggest social media movements of the year. Go Super Bowl!

4. Lady Gaga, enough said

According to Gaga she has been planning her Super Bowl debut since the age of four. One report has suggested she might elevate the crowd by elevating herself… Will we see her on top of NGR Stadium? Only she knows, but I know flying Gaga would be legendary.

5. THE BUDWEISER PUPPY

Our favorite Budweiser puppy has been around since 2013. But the famous Clydesdales have been powering through every year since 1996. According to USA Today’s Ad Meter ranking Anheuser-Bush (Budweiser) has won their title 15 years in a row.

6. There could be one awkward moment

If the Patriots win they’ll receive the trophy from commissioner Roger Goodell. FUN FACT, Goodell docked the Patriots 1 million dollars, a first round pick and suspended Brady four games for the alleged inflated footballs. What an awkward handshake that’d be.

7. Food is expensive too

For Super Bowl 50 Americans spent over 2.9 billion on snacks for the game. I’m sure the Antacid sales spiked as well.  (Hahaha, yes there is such thing as too many chicken wings.)

8. Americas heart throb is singing the national anthem

Everyone’s favorite Country heart throb is singing the National Anthem this year…Luke Bryan. That’s enough news in itself. 

9. The stadium is pretty legit 

Opening in 2002 the Houston Texans stadium became the first retractable roof facility in the NFL. It takes seven minutes to open and the stadium fits 72,220 people for sporting events.

10. Another reason why we love Katy Perry

According to Billboard and Nielson data, Katy Perry’s Super Bowl performance was viewed by 118.5 Million viewers. Ranking it as the most watched halftime show in history. 

A student ready to share.