Welcome to the Pac 12, CU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

On Sunday August 4th, our CU Buffs football played against Hawaii. Sadly, we lost. However, the recent loss does not hinder the excitement that students feel as the Buffs begin their new season in the newly formed Pac 12. Prior to this year, the Buffs were part of the Big 12 which, after the conclusion of last season, multiple schools left. Hopefully the Buffs will pull through their first loss, and stand strong against University of California, Berkeley this upcoming weekend. If the football team can win against Cal, than it will prove to the rest of the teams in the division that we are not a team to mess with and also that we are a new threat to the rest of the teams. Moreover, the Buffs are lucky to have acquired Coach Embree who has spent countless hours reorganizing the way the team is formatted and the way in which the team runs. The players have been challenged and drilled to not only play but to practice to their fullest potential. Hopefully the redesign of the football department will lead to a very promising season that students will be excited to attend. 

Ali Chastain is a sophomore majoring in Advertising in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication at CU Boulder. Even though her passion is in Advertising, Journalism has always been a close second, which is why she is stoked to be a part of Her Campus! Originally from St. Louis, MO, she calls Boulder her home away from home. She is a part of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority and is also employed at American Apparel. When she is not working or studying, she loves to run around her favorite trails in Boulder, stalk music blogs, and put her foodie-ness to the test at new restaurants.