This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Palm Beach. The 561. PB. SoFlo. However you say it, Palm Beach has been my home for all of my life. Even though I moved out to Boulder, Colorado for college, I still come home for breaks and consider Palm Beach County a part of who I am. Growing up in a beach-y paradise defiantly had its perks, and today I am going to give a virtual tour of all of my favorite spots to hit in Palm Beach. If you ever get the chance to visit, these are all musts. Welcome to Palm Beach, Florida.

Blowing Rocks 

Blowing rocks has been my escape since I was about 16 years old. This beautiful beach contains salt kissed rocks and great snorkeling and diving. My favorite thing to do is grab my favorite Acai Bowl from 3 Natives and lay out on the rocks before climbing around and through small caverns in the rocks. There are also gorgeous nature trails around the beach. 

3 Natives

Palm Beach is hot. Cool off with a healthy snack and the best Acai bowl I have ever had from 3 Natives. With multiple locations throughout the county, this health-food trend has taken the 561 by storm and is the perfect snack on a beach day. I recommend the Chronic Bowl, yum. 

Juno Pier 

One of the more popular beaches in the area, Juno Pier has been the place for local and visiting beach goers. With lifeguards, ample (free) parking, and showers, the pier is a convenient choice. If you head a bit south, you can visit Loggerhead Beach, where there is a turtle rescue facility that functions as a rehabilitation center for sea turtles. The facility focuses on awareness, environmental sustainability, and educating the area on sea turtles and their importance to South Florida waters. It is an awesome opportunity to see some baby sea turtles! 

Guanabana’s

Guanabanas is a hit in the Jupiter area, with tasty food, paddle boarding, and live entertainment in a gorgeous location, one can’t help but feel like they are on a secluded island at the restaurant. I absolutely love ordering the Mahi Mahi here before renting a paddle boards right off of the restaurant’s docs. 

Boating and Fishing on the Atlantic

The Atlantic Ocean is usually pretty warm down by Palm Beach. There is incredible fishing, boating, sandbars to visit, in addition to tubing, snorkeling, and scuba diving. Take your pick of an activity and rent (or borrow) a boat for a day on the water.  

Polo 

Once a year, my family and I always try and head down to Wellington, an esteemed equestrian community, to see a Polo match. There is no lack of excitement as you get to watch beautiful horses run past you while dressed in bright dresses and oversized hats. You never know who you may run into at a Polo match. During the game, patrons can run onto the field and sip champagne or cider if they wish, and snap a photo or two before the match resumes. 

Downtown West Palm Beach 

Downtown West Palm is the greatest place for twenty-somethings to mingle and enjoy street art installations, some of the best and most popular dining in the area, and nightlife for those who are 21 and up. The first weekend of May, Downtown West Palm turns into a mecca for Palm Beach’s music scene. Sunfest, a five day music festival, is put on with five stages and party barges on the waterfront. For much more reasonable prices than more well-known festivals, headliner preformances include big names like J-Cole, Steve Aoki, Train, Ellie Goulding, and Fall Out Boy, to name just a few. I love seeing all of the gorgeous art on concrete walls scattered throughout the area. 

Gardens Mall, Downtown at the Gardens, and Worth Avenue. 

Growing up in Palm Beach, there was never a shortage of incredible shopping. My favorite spots have always been The Gardens Mall and Downtown at the Gardens, both of which I actually had my first few jobs at. Stores range from affordable options like Forever 21 and H&M to high end designer stops, like Chanel. Downtown at the Gardens has shopping, dining, live music on Friday nights, and a movie theater. Both go all out during the holidays with gorgeous decorations and displays. 

Flagler Museum 

Palm Beach County, Florida, began as a playground for for railroad mogul Henry Flagler and his wealthiest friends. As time has gone on, Flagler has left behind his legacy in the form of railroad tracks, street names, and of course his estate on the Island of Palm Beach. The Flagler museum is a must for first time visitors to South Florida for insight into the lives of some of the most elite families in the nation and how the Sunshine State grew into what it is today. My favorite part is walking through Henry Flagler’s personal train car on the property. I don’t have a great picture of the house but here is one of the surrounding areas, it’s GORGEOUS. 

I hope you enjoyed your virtual tour of my hometown! 

Sko Buffs!