Sloane Phillips: Victoria’s Secret Protege

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Victoria’s Secret, Kappa, and Pure Barre, oh my! This week’s campus celebrity is not only a student, but juggles and internship and a job, if that’s not a star collegiate I don’t know what it is!

Name: Sloane Phillips
Year: Junior
Major: International Affairs

HC: What spurred your interest to intern with Victoria’s Secret PINK?

SP: First of all, they are an amazing company that offers an assortment of loungewear for the typical college girl that can make anyone feel fun, flirty and glamorous! When I heard about the opportunity to help spread brand awareness for such a fabulous company on the CU campus I knew that I HAD to do this!

HC: How did you get this internship?

SP: I started by researching everything about the company and program so that I could learn all of the details such as the demographic, goals and strategy plus all of the different products they offer! After that, I networked and built a relationship with the current campus reps from that year so I could learn even more about what the job entails, plus get great advice for the interview! I went through the classic interview process (resume/cover letter then the in-person interview) and after all of that I got the offer and happily (and enthusiastically) accepted!

HC: What do you want to do when you graduate from CU?

SP: After I graduate I plan to travel in South America for a month or two, then move to Santa Monica! I want to go into the marketing and advertising industry with an emphasis on digital. I love working with companies to grow their brands and build solid brand awareness!

HC: Where can you be found when not planning events and handing out freebies?

SP: I work at a local fitness studio called Pure Barre Boulder, so I LOVE to take class because it is an incredibly effective technique and I am super passionate about it. Otherwise I love to hike, play tennis, and hang out with all of my friends! I’m also in Kappa Kappa Gamma 

HC: What is your favorite item that Victoria’s Secret sells?

SP: It is so hard to pick just one!! Currently, I am in LOVE with their lace bralette! It comes in so many fun colors and the lace adds a flirty feature that I love to let peak through my tops!

HC: If you had to be a Victoria’s Secret bra what would you be?

SP: If I could be any Victoria’s Secret bra I would be the Dream Angel Demi Bra. It’s sparkly and lacey, and what girl wouldn’t want to be described as sparkly!

HC: Do you have any advice for girls looking for an internship? (With and without Victoria’s Secret)

SP: My best advice would be to research the prospective company as much as you can and learn as much about it as possible so that during the interview you wow them with the research you’ve done! That definitely goes a long way. The other most important piece of advice I can think of is to build a network of connections! Nowadays connections are everything and even having someone to help you get a foot in the door can make a huge difference!

Natasha is sophomore at University of Colorado Boulder and is majoring in Journalism. She is a Southern California native learning to live in the snow, and is addicted to dirty chais. She is the Social Chair of Alpha Phi, and believes life is better in a pair of stilettoes. She one day aspires to work in the fashion magazine industry, or public relations.