This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

You know the feeling, when you’re looking at your closet for hours trying to find the perfect outfit. Sometimes you have thousands of clothes to choose from, but when getting ready for a special night, it may seem as if you suddenly have nothing at all. With Valentine’s Day coming up you may be scrambling to find the perfect outfit for your night out. A simple, chic look is just at your fingertips, and I’ve got plenty ideas for you.

The Wow Factor

Every girl wants to wow people with the outfit they spent a long time planning. Sometimes it may seem as if you aren’t getting the reaction you hope for and think all your planning was a waste. If you feel like you are at a loss for what to wear, then you are in the right place. This is exactly how to get the perfect last minute outfit for Valentine’s Day, that will be sure to wow your friends and significant other.

Classic Chic Look

When getting ready it can be easy to put together an overwhelming look. To make the best impression, try something a little more laidback. A laidback look would be a classy casual outfit that has an accessory or article of clothing that makes it just a little more dressy. This allows you to easily be able to wear something that is already in your closet for a special occasion. A nice pair of dark-wash jeans, with no holes, and a simple red off the shoulder blouse will have heads turning you direction when paired with classic brown booties. You can easily buy the top and jeans at your local Charlotte Russe.

Fun and Flirty

If you tend to be a little more girly, and are seeking an outfit that will capture everyone’s attention, try wearing a simple dress or skirt. With the warm weather we have had lately, you don’t have to shy away from wearing some florals. If you prefer a dress, a long, flowy maxi dress would be perfect for this occasion. You can find a dress similar to the one below at Forever 21. The floral pattern on this black maxi dress (below) gives it a warm and flirty feel. Pairing this with a cute pair of black heels will have you feeling the romance as if it wear summertime.

The In Between Look

If you still can’t decide what to wear, or you don’t want to wear pants and also don’t want to commit to the responsibility of wearing a dress, then a romper might be best for you! Rompers are laidback, chic, and flirty, all while keeping you comfortable. A classic V-neck, long sleeve romper will allow you to make a statement while feeling just as comfortable as you would in pjs.

Accessories

One of the most important parts of an outfit is the accessories you choose. To complement your chic look, keep your accessories simple. Pairing a nice pair of small gold earrings, with a matching gold ring to your outfit will only add to your look, instead of taking away from it. To top it off, wear a brown velvet hat and people won’t be able to keep their eyes off of you.

In the End

Whether you want a laidback chic, flirty, or an in between look, you are bound to look flawless this Valentine’s Day. The most important accessory is your confidence. So go for the look that suits you best, and I guarantee that all eyes will be on you as soon as you head outside.