Style

Pearl Street’s New Fashion Hot Spot: Elison Rd.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

The city of Boulder has been on the up and coming for the past couple of years, which means new chic stores and clothing lines are popping up everywhere. If you’ve been searching for a new spot to hit up for some wardrobe staples that you’re sure to love, look no further – Elison Rd. has you covered. The California-based store is paving the way for the hottest fashion trends of the season, and their Pearl Street location is only a year old. Today, I had the pleasure of asking the manager of the Boulder Location, Alexis Bach, a couple of questions about the company and its choice to expand into Boulder from California.

Where and how did this company start?

A: In April of 2011, Liz Sontag and Christian Petronelli opened our first Elison Rd. location in Seal Beach, California after moving across the country from Canton, Ohio. Two years later, we expanded to Belmont Shore in Long Beach, California for our second location. Two years after that, we launched our website. Two years after that, we branched out and opened our third storefront in Boulder, Colorado. 

Why did Elison Rd. choose Boulder as a store location?

A: One of the owners, Christian, would travel out to Colorado from California about 5 times per year to visit his best friend from childhood who lives in Broomfield. Pearl Street always caught his eye and he noticed how popular it was to visit in the summer, and felt that the mountain town vibe would fit with our style. With his business-savvy mind, he grabbed the opportunity to open a location on the Pearl Street Mall. Within about a month an a half of calling the leasing office, Elison Rd. Boulder opened its doors on March 12, 2017!

What do you love about working for this company?

A: I, personally, have worked for Elison Rd. since June of 2011, two months after they opened the first location. I was in high school and needed a part-time job and Liz & Christian were just getting their business off the ground and needed one person to help out. Little did I know, this would become my career and the owners would become family to me. Sure, we have our rough times like any business would, but at the end of the day, we are family and on this crazy rollercoaster ride together. I’ve enjoyed watching this business grow first hand and I think anyone who has worked for Elison Rd. would say that our owners and management is so unique, compassionate, and giving. 

What would you say is the “vibe” of your store?

A: We take pride in that any woman of any age can find something at our stores. While we often appeal to trendy, college style and budget, we like to appeal to a wide demographic of women. We carry basics and trendy styles for multiple tastes. Fashion is constantly changing, and we stay up to date on what is popular at the time. Customers often use “boho” to describe our style of clothing. We love chunky sweaters, distressed jeans, two-piece floral sets, leather jackets, graphic tees, you name it! We take notice how social media heavily influences fashion and business, so if you look at our instagram @elison_rd, you can get a good feel for our vibe. 

How would you describe your own personal style?

A: Personally, and I can speak for all of our sales associates too, my style is constantly changing. One day I like to be ‘edgy’ and sport a graphic tee under my leather jacket, and some ripped jeans. The next day, you’ll see me in a bright yellow sun dress, rocking cowboy style booties and soft accessories.

Anything else you’d like to add?

A: We are absolutely honored to be a part of the Boulder Community! Our customers are our number one priority and we have so enjoyed our first year of business on Pearl Street. Thank you, Boulder! We love you. 

Elison Rd.’s Pearl Street location offers tons of great deals for their college student demographic – with Web Wednesdays offering cyber deals left and right and School I.D. Thursday offering 10% off your purchase with a valid student I.D., there are plenty of great excuses to check out their newest arrivals for spring. Follow their instagram for some inspo and to see the sales associates modeling their newest products, or check out their website at ellisonrd.com for more. From the season’s newest sundresses to comfy slogan tees and more, Elison Rd. is your new go to for a wardrobe that will make your friends ask you, “Where did you get that?” 

Madison Sinsel

CU Boulder '21

Madison is currently a sophomore at CU Boulder, working towards a major in the CMCI school in Strategic Communications on the media design track as well as a minor in fine art. She's been a HerCampus writer since her freshman year, and this year she is also lucky to be an Aerie Ambassador for CU's campus and a Barre3 ambassador for the Boulder studio. At CU Boulder, Madi is focusing on learning graphic design and illustration and has plans to one day become an artistic director and tattoo artist. She's had a love for writing since she was three years old, and is thrilled to be a part of the HerCampus community. Her passions include theatre, matcha lattes, and reading people's tarot cards at parties.
Sko Buffs!