Meet Michaela: Our PINK Campus Team MVP

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Every other week, one girl from the CU Boulder PINK Campus Team will be chosen to be interviewed and featured for their outstanding work. This week’s Campus Team MVP has been truly amazing and gone above and beyond in her work is Michaela Richmond. This year she is a freshman at CU and participating in the ROTC program. She is our PCC Specialist for CU, so she is an expert on all the collegiate apparel.

What made you want to join the PINK Campus Team?

I wanted to join the Pink Campus Team because I’ve always been really school spirited and into my community during high school. I thought by joining it would help me continue that passion throughout college.

What is your favorite part about being on the team?

My favorite part about being on the team is the support and “hype men” each of the girls become. I love having a group of girls who support you and give you advice no matter what the situation is. I also love how they hype you up on achievements and when you need encouragement.

What is your dream job after graduation?

After college my dream job is to work in the military hospitals helping soldiers with mental illnesses and injuries sustained during or after deployment. My goal is also to work my way up form a Second Lieutenant to at least a Major in the U.S. Army.

If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?

This is a tough question for me because I’m torn between Texas because Tacos but also Colorado because Mountains.

What is one interesting fact no one knows about you?

One interesting fact about me is that I’m a cancer survivor.

What is your favorite thing about Halloween/holiday season?

My favorite thing is the food. My family makes Pierogi which is a polish ravioli which we fill with potato or sauerkraut and salt pork, then we cover them in butter and sauteed onions. Honestly my favorite holiday meal.

What is your go to PINK outfit?

My go to PINK outfit would be my cool and comfy legging and black pull over. It’s perfect for running errands or just lounging around in my room.

If you had to choose one animal that reflects your personality, what is it and why?

I think an animal that reflects my personality the most would be a mouse. Yes, I said a mouse haha. I picked a mouse because they are small like me, resourceful, and although shy mice are super friendly.

All of the girls on the CU Boulder PINK Campus Team are absolutely amazing in their own way. All of their hard work is truly appreciated and we want to take time to recognize those who are going above and beyond in their work. Congratulations to Michaela for being amazing this past month! Keep up the good work! If you get a chance go show her some love and congratulate her on her social media channels: @michrich17

Have a great week Buffs, stay tuned for your next PINK Campus Team MVP!

Alexis Morgan

CU Boulder '19

Alexis grew up in Southern Colorado and is a senior this school year. She is majoring in Marketing with an Operations & Information Management Certificate, and a minor in Communications. Currently she is a PINK Campus Representative and a Style Guru with College Fashionista. In her free time you can expect to see her shopping, in a pilates class, or taking a break at the local Starbucks.
Sko Buffs!