Meet Campus Celebrity and Delta Delta Delta President Sara Murphy!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Walk into Sara Murphy’s room and you feel as if you are stepping foot in Thailand. From the statues of Siddhartha (the Buddha) to the smell of her herbal incense, she spreads a very zen vibe. Meet Sara, a junior from Framingham, Massachusetts. Compassionate, bubbly, and down to earth, she represents Tri Delta as their chapter president. Want to get to know Sara? Read on!

Major: Art History

What is a quote you live by?

“Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women.” From Wellesley Commencement address, 1996.

What is the craziest thing you have ever done?

Sneaking out of my cabin at camp to prank the boys cabin in our unit… my life isn’t super exciting. Haha! 

What are you’re hobbies?

Drinking tea and exploring. 

What is your favorite place to eat in Boulder?

Dushanbe Tea House or Gurkhas!

What do you like to do in your free time?

I like to roam around and find new places in Boulder and hang out with my friends.

Boyfriend?

Nah

What kind of guys are you into?

Genuinely nice ones 

Do you have any weird habits?

When I get nervous the finger guns come up in conversation.

Where do you see yourself in five years?

Hopefully surrounded by people that I care about. 

Can you talk a little bit about your position as president of Tri Delta? Why did you decide to do it?

I actually had no idea that I was going to be president because we do not run for our positions, our sisters chose them for us. I think one of the only reasons that I decided to accept the position was the great amount of support that I felt from each of the girls in the house. I think it was the one time in my life that I actually felt like people believed in me when I did not believe in myself in the slightest and I cannot thank them enough for that. 

What is your favorite part about it?

I think my favorite part about being president is the fact that I get to be apart of something that I care about so much and being an officer gives you the power to change things for the better and be there for your sisters in a different way than just being there as a friend. 

What is the hardest part about being president?

I think the hardest part about being president is having to making decisions that you do not always agree with personally. 

So, find yourself with a craving for indian food? Or want a relaxing afternoon tea break? Sara is your go to!

Sko Buffs!