This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Margot Robbie appeared out of nowhere and took America by storm. Whether she’s the fearless Jane in The Legend of Tarzan or crazed Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad, Margot Robbie catches the attention and hearts of everyone.

Just like every other person in the world, I am in love with her, too. So I’d like to take the time to give this golden girl some appreciation. If you’d like to find out why, or just see amazing pictures and gifs of Margot Robbie, keep reading.

What do we love? Well her movies, of course, but more importantly, her characters.

1. Suicide Squad

Character: Harley Quinn

Margot Robbie can do anything, and she absolutely killed her role as charming psychopath, Harley Quinn in her 2016 performance. Although the directors may have destroyed the genuine, comic book character of Harley Quinn, you have to appreciate the performance given by Robbie. She’s sassy, sweet, and that’s right, absolutely crazy. Without the killing, she’s what every girl wishes to be but has to hide. Sorry girls, but we have to be honest here.

If you’re not convinced, here’s some gifs to show you why we love Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn.

And, as creepy as her romance with the Joker may be, they are kind of cute together. I found myself rooting for them the whole time.

1. Wolf of Wall Street

Character: Naomi Lapaglia, aka “The Duchess”

As hot and dangerous as she was as Harley Quinn, Robbie takes sexy to a whole new level in The Wolf of Wall Street. Jordan Belfort first catches her eye at a party, and refuses to leave her alone after that. I mean, look, she has it all on top of having her own lingerie lane. The Duchess had every boy drooling, and shoot, I was too.

But, beyond being gorgeous and irresistable, The Duchess doesn’t take crap from anyone. She stands up for herself, especially to Jordan, and lets everyone know not to mess with her. Plus, like I said earlier, she has her own lingerie business. She’s not a gold-digger, but rather an entrepreneur, and some would even say an inspiration. Brains and beauty? Count me in.

1. I, Tonya

Character: Tonya Harding

This may be Robbie’s most inspiring performance, and we have to give her credit for this. She had big pants to fill when deciding to take this character on, and she worked very hard to accomplish just that. In an interview with Vanity Fair, Robbie said, “For six months, I watched clip after clip after clip of her and listened to her dialect in my iPod just over and over.” If you haven’t given this movie a shot yet, I highly recommend it.

Tonya Harding was physically abused for a good portion of her life. Both her mother and her ex-husband employed physical and emotional abuse on the figure skater, and Margot Robbie shows the fighter side of Harding. Once again, Robbie doesn’t take crap from anyone.

1. Focus

Character: Jess Barrett

Who doesn’t love a con woman? Co-star Will Smith and just about everyone else sure loved Margot Robbie as savvy Jess Barrett in Focus. Another twisted love story for Robbie, but this time maybe a little less crazy. If you haven’t seen this movie, the concept is actually very cool. Having Margot Robbie in it is just an added bonus.

I’m a huge Will and Jada fan, but I couldn’t help but to be tempted by the idea of a real romance between Robbie and her co-star, Will Smith, who also starred in Suicide Squad as well. What do you think?

1. Terminal

Character: Annie

Margot Robbie is ruthless in this film, and combines all her acting skills into one, absolutely amazing character that goes by Annie. Robbie plays a waitress living a dangerous second life, and we get to see her pull off a variety of different looks throughout the film. Take a look of some of the different Margot’s this film shows us.

1. The Legend of Tarzan

Character: Jane

Robbie puts her own twist on Jane has she refuses to be the helpless damsel in distress. Like in many of her other characters, we got another sexy, but strong and inspiring role model from her. Personally, I don’t see how you could go wrong with Robbie. But, if you’re not convinced as her character in this film, look at the gifs below.

Robbie refused to let her character wait around for someone to save her, so in this version of the Tarzan Story, the intelligent Jane is actively searching for a way out of the situation. It’s awesome to see a female actress fight for her role as a strong woman character. Robbie continues to do just that.

She has many other films, but I could also spend all day writing about things that make us appreciate Margot Robbie.

Thanks for reading!

Maddy Atwater

CU Boulder '20

Maddy is currently studying Staretgic Communications with an emphasis in advertising at the College of Communication and Information, while minoring in both Business with the Leeds School of Business and Creative Writing in the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Colorado Boulder.  Her involvement on campus includes being chapter President of Branding for Her Campus CU Boulder as well as holding spots in the CU Boulder Photography, Ad and Fashion clubs. Outside of school, Maddy enjoys photography and yoga (she even works at Corepower Yoga!). When she isn't in the yoga studio or finding the best food in town, you can catch her reading a good book or exploring with her friends. 
Sko Buffs!