This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

What is love? How do you define it?

I recently purchased this beautiful bracelet from the Love Is Project. The bright red beading and simple message: “LOVE”, instantly caught my eye. Other than it being a must have for spring, it carries a deeper, more intricate meaning.

The Love Is Project started out in 2012 when Chrissie Lam founded The Supply Change. The Supply Change is an initiative that connects artisan groups with various brands and creates products for collaborations.

About a year later, Lam went to Kenya’s Great Rift Valley where she paired up with UBUNTU. UBUNTU is in charge of “Maasai Mums”. Massai Mums is a group of over 400 Maasai tribe women who produce handcrafted bracelets. This program pays them fair salaries. Over 40% of Kenyans live on less than $2 per day, but the Maasai Mums make 3 times that in one day of work. As well as, providing business management classes and healthcare for their families.

After becoming inspired by the bright and vivid materials the Maasai women work with, Chrissie thought of the idea to combine the message of “LOVE” and their traditional beading concept. This would bring about the opportunity for them to make a marketable item.

In 2014, the first “Love Is” photo was uploaded to Instagram. It went viral. A global discussion of what love means began. People from all corners of the world and all walks of life, shared what love is.

Chrissie Lam took a six-month journey across several continents. All along the way asking the question: “what is love?”. She ended up recording answers from 600 people representing 40 countries.

After the bracelet got such amazing feedback and was increasing in popularity, Lam (with the support of UBUNTU), launched an Indiegogo campaign. She wanted to make more love bracelets and spread them around the world.

This campaign led to partnerships with American Eagle Outfitters, Whole Foods Market, and Colette Paris in 2015.

The Love Is Project is bigger than just beads strung around your wrist, it’s a fashion movement for the greater good. Sustainable livelihoods in Kenya and the story of Love go hand in hand.

Join the Love Is Project today! Visit https://www.loveisproject.co/ to learn more! Follow them on social media @loveisproject!

Get your bracelet today and then make sure to share your story of what love is.

Laine Raish

CU Boulder

Name: Laine Raish Where I'm from: Columbus, Ohio College: CU Boulder What I'm Studying: Business-Marketing VS PINK Campus Team Event Planner HerCampus Writer and Exec Board Member Member of the PI BETA PHI Sorority Alpha Chapter at CU Instagram: @laineraish Twitter: @LaineRaish Snapchat: laineraish VSCO: laineraish.vsco.co  
Sko Buffs!