This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Name: Kelly Grega 

Age: 21 

Year: Senior

Major: Broadcast News and Communication

Hometown: Saratoga, California

Relationship status: Single

What’s your position on campus? Tell us a bit about what it involves! Chief Executive Officer, or less formal, President of Kappa Alpha Theta! I oversee an outstanding chapter of leading women and serve as the internal and external representation of the Beta Iota chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta.

What’s the best part about being in Theta? Our diversity and unbelievably close sisterhood. Every member brings her own uniqueness, intelligence, and humor to the chapter which makes us grow to become stronger, closer, and better people.

Describe Theta’s sisterhood in 3 words. Laughter – Loyalty – Love

Tell us about your big & little! My big was the Ritualist of our chapter and truly inspired my appreciation and understanding of Theta’s history. Now whenever we have a ritual event I think of my big and just how much her friendship and guidance impacted my life. I have two littles and they both kind of represent my two ‘personalities.’ Kristen is very social, sarcastic, and up for an adventure at any time while Lindsey is very studious, reserved, and introverted. They balance me out as well as the entire family! Another cool family fact is that the Theta who talked to me on Preference night turned out to be my Grand-Big!

Where do you get your inspiration and/or motivation? My inspiration comes from the talented, diverse, impressive women who surround me every day. It is the greatest motivator knowing you are serving an organization larger than yourself. I have been given so many opportunities, friendships, connections, and memories through Theta that serving as President is my way of giving back to the organization I love so much!

What’s your dream job? Investigative Reporter for BBC World News or VICE Documentary Producer.

Where’s your go-to spot in Boulder? Theta’s Sun Room. It’s stained glass windows are part of the original construction of the house and whenever I sit in the room I feel transported through time. During a thunderstorm, blizzard, torrential rainfall, or sunny day it is the most beautiful, peaceful room to be in.

What can we find you doing outside of classes? Taking spontaneous drives around Boulder and the Rocky Mountains! I love to take in the beauty of Colorado as much as possible.

What’s one thing on the top of your bucket list? Traveling to Europe with my Theta sisters post-graduation.

Where’s the coolest place you’ve ever traveled? Carmel, California in the Central Coast. I wouldn’t say its the “coolest” place, but it’s a spot that’s close to my heart and I’ve been going there since I was a baby so it’s very significant to my entire family.

Name 5 people you would want to eat dinner with (dead or alive)! What would you want to talk about? 1. Grace Kelly, her effortless poise, elegance, and remarkable work ethic have always been an inspiration to me.

2. Oscar Wilde so I could ask what his inspiration was behind my favorite poem Flower of Love. 3. David Fincher, he has directed some of my most favorite movies and I idolize the directorial vision and cinematography of his work.

4. Led Zeppelin so they can play my favorite song “Going to California” live. 5. Adele, She is a true icon with a voice incomparable to anyone. It’s her uniqueness and realness that I admire so much!

What’s your favorite thing in your closet right now and why? My entire executive team designed a sweatshirt to remember our time on the board and its probably the coziest item of clothing I own. We’re all very excited for the Fall to start so we can wear them around campus!

How would your best friends describe you in 5 words? Organized, Thoughtful, Witty, Reserved, The “Mom” of the group

Caroline grew up on the East Coast, in Maryland, and now calls the Rocky Mountains home. She is a sophomore at the University of Colorado Boulder studying psychology and creative writing. Out of the lecture hall, she teaches vinyasa yoga at the CU Rec Center, enjoys a vegan lifestyle, acts as Recruitment Officer for Buffs for Reproductive Justice, is a member of Alpha Phi - Beta Gamma. You can find more of her journalism work over at TheTab CU Boulder.
Sko Buffs!