This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

To start off, what’s your major and why did you choose it?

I’ve always wanted to be a surgeon.  It always intrigued me. I was originally an Integrative Physiology major here, but I just couldn’t handle the stress of the major so I switched to Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences. I love it because I still get to be involved in the medical field and help people with whatever career I choose in the future.

Why did you choose to come to University of Colorado at Boulder?

I was born and raised in Basalt, Colorado; like right smack dab in the middle of the Rocky Mountains. I am basically as Colorado as it gets. At the end of high school I wanted to experience different things and decided to go to Chapman University in California. Not being a huge fan of some of my experiences there and especially not the hot weather, I talked to some of my friends who came to CU Boulder and thought it sounded like such an awesome fit. Now I see why they said they didn’t want their freshman year to end. I have had a blast enjoying the laid back culture and how everyone is always down for an outdoorsy adventure! Having it socially acceptable to wear big t-shirts and leggings to class is also a huge plus.

How was your transition to Boulder as a transfer from Chapman University?

I had rushed and joined Alpha Phi at my old school and transferred straight into their chapter house on CU Boulders’ campus. I was nervous but the people here were so genuine and fun. My friends in Alpha Phi were super welcoming and I know now that even if my immediate friend group isn’t home I have 60 other awesome girls right there in the house. They really made me feel like this was my place and became some of my best friends!

Can you tell us more about your involvement in your sorority, Alpha Phi?

My best friends in Alpha Phi made me feel so welcomed and comfortable right away that I actually ended up running for our executive board alongside them as a transfer, which was crazy to me. I never thought I would have done that at my old school. I’m really enjoying having a voice in this amazing organization and I feel like I have a purpose here. I of course love the fun events we put on too!

What’s been your favorite place to eat in Boulder?

I love the Med. I’m obsessed with their bacon wrapped dates and love their tapas! That’s if I’m feeling fancy. If I’m looking for something close and yummy I go to Illegal Pete’s on the Hill. It’s a billion times better than Chipotle.

Where do you see yourself in ten years?

I see myself living in Aspen, Colorado with a family and working at a hospital as a speech language pathologist.  I will probably be spending my weekends hiking or skiing depending on the season!

Who is your celebrity crush?

Harry Styles. No doubt. I just think he is so gorgeous and seems to have a great personality based on the millions of YouTube videos I have watched of him.

Describe yourself in three words?

Laid back, quirky, and adventurous

Get in line boys. Relationship status: Single

Megan Boyles

CU Boulder

Hi there! My name is Megan and I am a junior at CU Boulder and loving every second. I am a marketing major with a technology, arts, and media certificate involved in greek like as Alpha Phi's Vice President of Programming and Education. When I'm not studying in the business school library or planning a sorority sisterhood event you can find me eating some sushi, or going to concerts, or hiking in beautiful Boulder.  Cute mug, boy, and corgi enthusiast.  Enjoy!
Sko Buffs!