Christmas – As Told By: The Office

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Fall semester is coming to an end, you know what that means?

And there’s no better way to wrap up (*wink wink*) a semester full of blood, sweat, tears, and bad attendance scores in D2L than with a christmas article inspired by The Office. Ready? 3..2..1.. Here we go!!

When you came home for thanksgiving and your mom asked you to help her start decorating

And she offered to take you shopping and got you a bunch of cute stuff and then when y’all got in the car she was like “now you know that’s part of your christmas present”

SO then you come back to Campus and the 7 papers, and 4 projects you need to finish in the next 2 weeks hit you in the face like

And THEN the 5 final exams you also have to study for in the next 2 weeks hit you in the face like

And your mom calls to see how you’re doing and you’re like

And finally the glorious day comes when you get to travel home, your christmas spirit has been restored, you’re on top of the world, and when you finally see your siblings and you’re like

And before you know it, it’s Christmas Eve, you’ve had 3 glasses of Bailey’s Irish Cream and your mom has been cooking every meal for you, there’s an endless supply of oreos in the pantry, you’re gonna probably get some money tomorrow, everything smells like pine, you’ve literally never felt better

So the next morning you’re ready to rip open those boxes underneath the tree, but your dad goes into the whole “the most important thing is that we can all be together today” and you’re just like

After you’ve been #blessed by all the presents your mom went and bought, and your dad pretended to know you were gonna get, you await the arrival of your extended family.

So it’s been about 15 minutes, you’ve been schmoozing grandma, and then your cousins show up and now it’s a competition

Next comes the uncle who is always mildly inappropriate

The second cousin who no one invited and only comes for the free food

Then, everyone’s favorite drunk aunt arrives  

The whole fam when someone turns on Carol of The Bells

And then there’s that one family member who is just a little… different

The face you make every time someone asks what you’re doing with your life

Drunk aunt the first time someone tries to take her drink away

Trying to explain consent to your southern relatives

Drunk aunt giving out freebies to you and your cousins

When you realize you were slacking on schmoozing grandma and you have to step up your game

Drunk aunt by 6pm

Facetiming your best friend 2 hours into family christmas

When you realize that you’re no longer the center of attention

All of you trying to take a family photo with the self timer on your iphone

And when everyone leaves your mom looks at you like this and says “time to clean up!”

Lauren is currently majoring in Psychology in the College of Arts and Sciences and minoring in Business in the Leeds School of Business, Leadership in the LSM Program, and Women and Gender Studies in the College of Arts and Sciences at The University of Colorado Boulder. On campus Lauren currently holds the position of Her Campus CU Boulder's Chapter President and Campus Correspondent. She also acts as an Aerie Real on campus ambassador, held the position of  Victoria's Secret PINK Campus Rep for CU for the previous two years, and acts as the social media chairman and event coordinator for the PSICHI Psychology Honors Club within CU's Psychology department.  Outside of school Lauren founded and owns Empyreal Photography. When she's not looking through a camera lens or somewhere drinking chai, you can probably find her in a yoga class, petting a dog, or daydreaming about New York City.