This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Hello to all my fellow country music fans! This week we all eagerly watched our favorite Country music artists win awards, put on some amazing performances, and remind us to spread the love. I’ve put together some of the best moments we witnessed on the 2017 Country Music Awards.

We can all thank Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley for the “Before he Cheats” 2.0 version. Together they sang, “”Until Rocket Man starts a nuclear war and maybe next time, he’ll think before he tweets.” Let’s not forget that the CMA’s were politics free this year ;)

Keith Urban performed his new song “Female” inspired by the allegations of sexual harassment and rape against Harvey Weinstein. He obviously received a standing ovation.

Garth Brooks won Entertainer of the year! However, Garth Brooks did admit to his lip-synching performance saying his voice just wasn’t there. It’s okay Garth we still love you!

Despite my mixed emotions about P!nk performing at the CMAs, she did a killer job!

The tribute to Troy Gentry left the audience in tears. Troy Gentry tragically passed away in a helicopter crash earlier this year. Rest in peace Troy.

Carrie Underwood continuously takes my breath away and she did it again last night and even made me shed a tear or two. Her memoriam tribute to the country stars we lost this year (Troy Gentry, Glen Campbell, and Don Williams, and to all the 58 victims we lost in the Las Vegas Shooting) was a touching and amazing performance.

Didn’t think you’d see Taylor winning an award at the CMAs ever again, right? WRONG. Taylor took home Song of the Year for “Better Man.” I still wish Taylor would go back to country, is it just me?

The overwhelming feeling of the community coming together at the CMAs was my favorite part of the entire show and my reason for loving country music. Many stars spoke out about coming together as a nation and loving one another for our differences.

Until next year country music fans! Remember to keep spreading love for another <3

Yolanda is a junior majoring in Strategic Communications with an emphasis in advertising and a certificate in Technology, Arts, and Media. She holds the position of social media director for CU-Boulder's Her Campus chapter. She is on the Victoria's Secret PINK Campus team at CU-Boulder and acts as the "Social Media Guru." She works part-time as a waitress at her family's restaurant and helps with their advertising and social media platforms. In her spare time, she loves to surround herself with friends, read all kinds of books, attend country concerts, hike, and has a newly found love for fishing! 
Sko Buffs!