etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

April as a College Student as Told by Michael Scott

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

When you’re a college student, April is probably the worst month of the entire year, but don’t worry, Michael Scott can relate.

At this point in the year, you’re trying to finish papers and study for finals, put together your schedule for next year, scramble to figure out housing, find a summer job, and everyone keeps asking about your summer plans. At this point, you can’t even find time to go tanning or have coffee dates so you’re just like:

All of this imbalance and stress has you on the verge of an emotional breakdown 

Before you can even finish your essay for one class your other professors assign more papers and you’re just like 

And that one professor who used to like you is being super salty after you didn’t make it to class for like a week and a half

You never get to spend time with your best friend because you only have time to work, study, and sleep. So when you finally see them across campus you’re just like

When everyone in your class found the Quizlet for the homework but no one will send you the link 

When you finally get to fill out FCQs for that professor that you hate

And you conclude with

At this point every time you have to check your bank account you end up having to call your mom and ask for money like 

When you walk into a class that you haven’t stepped foot in since before spring break

When someone finally asks if you’re okay and you have to try and keep it together

The only thing that makes you feel better is puppies

Turning in that assignment you procrastinated and did last minute at 3am the night before it was due feels like

When people ask your opinion about the lab you had to take 

Every Friday you walk out of class like

don’t ever forget your worth- you are smart, and you are strong. You got this, summer is almost here.

Lauren is currently majoring in Psychology in the College of Arts and Sciences and minoring in Business in the Leeds School of Business, Leadership in the LSM Program, and Women and Gender Studies in the College of Arts and Sciences at The University of Colorado Boulder. On campus Lauren currently holds the position of Her Campus CU Boulder's Chapter President and Campus Correspondent. She also acts as an Aerie Real on campus ambassador, held the position of  Victoria's Secret PINK Campus Rep for CU for the previous two years, and acts as the social media chairman and event coordinator for the PSICHI Psychology Honors Club within CU's Psychology department.  Outside of school Lauren founded and owns Empyreal Photography. When she's not looking through a camera lens or somewhere drinking chai, you can probably find her in a yoga class, petting a dog, or daydreaming about New York City.  
Maddi Harris

CU Boulder

Maddi Harris is currently a Sophomore Public Relations major at the Univeristy of Colorado-Boulder. Growing up in New Jersey, her move across the country to Colorado for school has taught Maddi to appreciate the little things about her home state- mainly being the food that is made there. When she's not making use of the beautiful terrain that Colorado has to offer, she can be found decked out in black & gold supporting her fellow buffs on gamedays. In her free time she enjoys catching up on Perez Hilton's daily articles and obsessing over the different wedding dresses featured on TLC's "Say Yes to the Dress."