This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

December rings in the most wonderful time of the year, but for college students, finals can get in the way of the holiday season. Late nights, days spent in the library, and paper after project get in the way of baking holiday cookies and drinking hot cocoa with the girls. Stressed about finals? Here’s how to add some TLC to your winter routine and pamper yourself just in time to go home for the holidays! 

1. Treat yourself to something more than dining hall coffee. 

Pricier coffee and tea drinks are my guilty pleasure, and during exams, I love to ball out on a $6 Venti Iced Chai from Starbucks as a reward for all my hard work. You can even buy ~fancy~ drink and tea mixes to keep on hand at home. Love tea? I recommend trying Yogi Sweet Tangerine Positive Energy or Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life. These are SO tasty and better for you than energy drinks. 

2. DIY spa treatments 

Self-care is so important in December – your body is working overtime with stress and little sleep, not to mention the cold air results in cracked skin. Try a sheet mask, which is a face mask solution on a cotton cutout. It cuts down on application time and mess, leaving more time for you to revise your notes. My favorite is the Leaders Cosmetics 7 Wonders Carribbean Coconut Calming mask. It reduces redness and calms sensitive skin.

3. Dress well & test well 

This is a weird tip but something that has always worked for me. Whenever my hair is brushed and I have a put together appearance, I am more confident in my ability to carry out my goals, even if I am just sitting for an exam. This is especially true if you have a presentation, try doing your makeup and throwing on real pants – it may make a difference. Try a natural and minimalist look with Rimmel London Scandaleyes Original Mascara and Waterproof Khol Eyeliner paired with the Provacoalips 16Hr Kissproof Lip Colour. Kill it with confidence! 

4. Gift yourself with a gift that keeps giving 

Get yourself a subscription box! They have subscription boxes for every price point and interest out there, from cosmetics to food and fitness, you can get a little surprise in the mail each month. Recently, I discovered a Book of the Month subscription box. I love to catch up on my reading post finals. It is a great way to decompress and perfect for long car rides and airplane travel. P.S. – Use code HERCAMPUS30 for 30% off a 3-month membership plus a free tote! 

5. Get inspired

I like to envision what I want for the future, emphasizing why it is important that I do well now. Make a list of what you want professionally, then make a short-term list of things you can do present day to accomplish those things! For me, I want to work with international companies my first few years as a PR professional. So, short-term I can network with international guest speakers that visit my classes on LinkedIn and via email. Also, I can try to learn Spanish a little every day rather than cramming to get a good grade on my exam. This puts things into a perspective and is much more motivating than studying simply for an A! This also takes the pressure off now, as I like to ask myself “Will this matter in one, five, and ten years”?

6. Have a staycation 

Boulder is one of the most incredible college towns in the nation. I think students often forget how lucky we are. Staycations during the last month of Fall semester can make you mentally present. Enjoy your time and education! Don’t know where to start? Pretend like you are taking your best friend from home out to see your favorite places. I recommend trying a new place to eat, going outside, or doing a fun activity like ice skating at the Rec or going up to the Flagstaff Star. Or, go on a drive around the more residential areas to see holiday lights. There is so much to do here! 

7. Remember what is important 

Remembering what matters is challenging during busy times of the year. Remember how lucky you are to have an education and to make the most of every day! Tell your friends and family that you love them. Most importantly, remember to treat yourself well! 

Sko Buffs!