5 miscellaneous things you should have on your shopping list

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Hey babes, welcome back to Boulderland, or for those of you who are new, welcome home!

After all, this is going to be your home for most of the year. 

When moving to a new place its hard to make sure that you brought (or bought) everything you need. The shopping list for college is infinite, and it depends on the person. And when you are all settled, that’s when you truly realize what things you’re missing. I personally was missing some of the most random things that I wouldn’t think to take to college. So here’s a list of those miscellaneous things.

#1 Coconut Oil

Coconut oil is literally one of my favorite things in this world. You can you it for just about ANYTHING. From using it as make up remover, to shave cream, to lotion, the uses are endless. 

#2 Melatonin

Melatonin functions as a natural sleep aid. In college you are always on a messed up sleep schedule, at least I know I was, and that’s when melatonin came in handy. Personally I like the gummy vitamins because they taste like fruit snacks.

#3 Emergen- C

This helps so much. Every time I would start to feel kind of sick I would take an Emergen-C and within a day or two I would feel better. This comes in handy in the winter especially when everyone is catching colds, it helps keep your immune system healthy.

#4 Dry Shampoo

I’ve never really been big on dry shampoo until I came to college. Its important to keep a good hygiene for sanitary reasons, but in college sometimes that hard. There are only so many hours in a day and sometimes you just don’t have time to take a shower. That’s when this comes in handy. Plus, it’s good for you to wash your hair the least amount of times. 

Thanks to these products, I survived my freshman year, and as a sophomore I will continue to use these. These are just a few of the many things that you’ll need in college, but you probably already know that. 

Hope this year is a great one Boulder babes!

CU Boulder CMCI // Public Relations // Fashion Enthusiast // Lover of Chocolate  "Enjoy the little things" 
Lauren is currently majoring in Psychology in the College of Arts and Sciences and minoring in Business in the Leeds School of Business, Leadership in the LSM Program, and Women and Gender Studies in the College of Arts and Sciences at The University of Colorado Boulder. On campus Lauren currently holds the position of Her Campus CU Boulder's Chapter President and Campus Correspondent. She also acts as an Aerie Real on campus ambassador, held the position of  Victoria's Secret PINK Campus Rep for CU for the previous two years, and acts as the social media chairman and event coordinator for the PSICHI Psychology Honors Club within CU's Psychology department.  Outside of school Lauren founded and owns Empyreal Photography. When she's not looking through a camera lens or somewhere drinking chai, you can probably find her in a yoga class, petting a dog, or daydreaming about New York City.