This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CSU chapter.

The department of Design and Merchandising at Colorado State held their annual fashion show on Friday the 6th at the Lincoln Center. The sold-out show included 24 Senior collections and the Junior draping garments. If you missed out on the event, it really sucks to be you because the event was breathtaking.

Being a part of the fashion production class, I do have to toot my own horn, because OMG THE SHOW WAS SO GOOD AND I’M SO PROUD OF EVERYONE WHO WAS INVOLVED.

The fashion show is entirely student run and consists of four different committees. Modeling & garment, stage design, VIP Sponsorship, and publicity. The past 10 weeks (yes only 10, can you believe it?) we have all worked tirelessly on insuring a successful show.

When planning the show, we wanted to highlight the theme, ‘Spectrum’.  By definition a spectrum is, ‘a band of colors, as seen in a rainbow, produced by separation of the components of light by their different degrees of refraction according to wavelength.” When coming up with the stage concept, we wanted to really showcase the theme. By using three giant triangles (s/o to my dad for building them), chandeliers, and a disco ball we were able to communicate the spectrum ideas. We also utilized lighting and video to set the mood for each collection.

With over 60 models, a wonderful VIP reception, lots of press, and a killer stage design we successfully put on a full production fashion show. Though this class was stressful at times, being able to watch our dreams come alive in our sold-out show was worth it. Who knows, I might just have to try to be a director next year.

Major shout out to my amazing stage crew. We all worked so hard this semester with coming up with a stage concept and bringing it to life on stage. Thank you all for your love & support for our fashion show. If you missed the show, be sure to attend next spring. Stay tuned to Her Campus CSU for photos from the show & my exciting Coachella post show vacation.

Hi, my name is Karony (Care-uh-knee)! I am a second year HDFS student at Colorado State University and I love being involved on campus. You'll probably find me working VS PINK events on campus or fundraising for Camp Kesem. Check me out on Instagram: @AmatoDaVoi