Must Watch List: Fall TV

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cornell chapter.

As a TV enthusiast, with the fall TV season in full swing, I am thrilled. I look forward to weekdays for one and only one reason: to watch my favorite shows and unwind, relieve stress, and have my unanswered questions from the last week’s cliffhangers answered. So, for all of you who have no idea what TV shows to tune into, here is my list:

1.     For those of you who just need to a little pick me up and need to actually LOL:

2.     For those of you who need to please your inner fan girl and love anything superhero or vampire related:

• Gotham. It’s all about the beginning of Batman! And Ryan from The O.C. has decided to grace our screens again. 
  • Arrow. Just watch. It’s action-packed and great. 
  • Flash. It’s Arrow 2.0. Only difference is that the annoying guy from Glee is the hot, main star. 
  • The Vampire Diaries. Stefan and Damon Salvatore are the only things you’ll ever need in life.

3.     For those of you who need more drama in your life/love Shondra Rhimes:

• Grey’s Anatomy. It’s Grey’s. You just have to watch. 
  • Scandal. Why wouldn’t you want to see Olivia Pope strut all over Washington D.C. like she owns the place? 
  • How to Get Away with Murder. Confusing and addicting. You wont be able to stop watching even if you don’t understand what’s going on.

4.     For those of you who are musically-inclined:

• The Voice. Who doesn’t love Blake Shelton and Adam Levine’s bromance? 
  • Nashville. Connie Britton and Hayden Panneteire are back on our TV screens, but this time they are SINGING. All Friday Night Lights and Heroes fans just have to.

5.     For those of you that reminisce about your childhood, either positively or negatively:

• Once Upon a Time. All of your fairytale dreams have come true. Snow White and here seven dwarves are real. 
  • Revenge. Emily Thorne knows what she wants and she’s going to get it.

6.     For those of you who love mysteries but cannot handle blood, gore, or serial killers:

• Chicago Fire. Firefighters with big hearts saving lives. Just perfect. 
  • Chicago P.D. Brooke Davis from One Tree Hill is back! She’s a cop that you do not want to mess with.

7.     For those of you who need to cry:

• Parenthood. Such a good show about real people and real issues. It’s a tearjerker.

8.     For those of you who just have way to much time on your hands:

• Any reality show will suffice. Bravo will become your best friend.

Happy Watching!

XOXO,

Gossip Girl

(j.k., Shelby <3)

Shelby is a freshman at Cornell studying Economics and Government. She is really excited to be a part of Her Campus because she loves to write. Originally from Westchester County, NY, Shelby is a sports-lover and a huge TV and film buff. She honestly doesn't know what she would do without Netflix and Hulu Plus. She really just likes to have a good time and is known for her "laugh heard round the world".