Fall Fashion Tips and Tricks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cornell chapter.

I’ve never heard someone say the best thing about living in Ithaca is the weather.

Not only does it get cold, but there also just seems to be a lot of sudden fluctuation in the temperature. One day it will feel like summer, and then it’s the dead of winter two days later. What ever happened to fall?

Here are some tips and tricks I’ve learned to keep temperate and stylish in the uncertain autumn season on campus.

Wear lots of layers!

I always bring a scarf with me, because it’s easy to take on and off quickly while walking to and from classes. Cardigans and jackets are also essentials, because no one like to freeze! It’s also nice to have options when you transition from the chilly outdoors into the blistering heat of many lecture halls.

Prepare for the winter with a lot of soft and fluffy accessories!

It’s always super disappointing when you walk outside to go to your first morning class and the wind blows directly into your face, making you feel like your nose and ears are about to freeze off. Furry hoods, soft gloves and fuzzy socks are great to use as both a barrier from the elements and a comfort on your skin!

Be colorful during the gloomy days!

There are a lot of options for what to wear when it comes to sweaters and leggings and scarves and hats…it basically all comes down to you being you and wearing what you’re comfortable with. I like to suggest wearing at least one pop of color in your outfit as it starts to get cold and cloudy (hopefully not snowy yet!). It’s a great way to add some personality and joy to your look even when you have to bundle up with lots of bulky layers to keep nice and warm.

Now you’re prepared to take on the remainder of the season in style.

Happy Fall!

Kelly Stone

Cornell '20

Kelly is a Senior Communication major at Cornell University with minors in Creative Writing and Information Science. She loves reading, writing, fashion, and her dogs.
Elizabeth Li

Cornell '19

Junior at Cornell University and President/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Cornell