Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Cornell Celebrities

Fabien Smallwood: Future Humanitarian

By Kibrett A. Facey
October 28, 2014 - 4:00pm

Name: Fabien Smallwood Age: 20 Year: Senior class of 2015 Major: Industrial & Labor Relations (ILR) Minors: Inequality Studies, Business, Law & Society Hometown: Brooklyn, NY Favorite Quote: “Not all those who wander are lost”- J.R.R Tolkien Favorite Color: Navy Blue   What are you involved in on campus? READ MORE

Adrienne Jackson: Actress Extraordinaire

By Amanda Quain
September 19, 2012 - 4:35pm

Watching Adrienne Jackson pace back and forth across the stage of the Schwartz Center, wringing her hands and worrying about the crowds outside, you wouldn’t expect to be watching a girl who loves Harry Potter, Stanley Kubrick, and who cries at the same predictable times every time she watches the Lord of the Rings. A favorite of the Schwartz Center (she stars as the lead in Emergence, a collaboration between the Physics department and the Theatre department that plays this weekend), Adrienne is an average Cornellian- just one that spends most of her time being someone else. READ MORE

Jess Reno: Martian, Drum Major, and More!

By Amanda Quain
March 26, 2012 - 8:16am

Picture it: you’re sitting in your room in Collegetown, trying to finish an assignment due at midnight. You have all the knowledge, but something is distracting you. A sound, off in the distance, a vrooming going through the streets. You check out your window, but whenever you look outside there is nothing. Ghosts? The statues of Ezra Cornell and A.D. White frolicking? No, it’s probably just Big Red Marching Band Drum Major Jess Reno zooming down the streets of Ithaca on her motorcycle, because she is just that cool. READ MORE

Lauren Myers-Marion ’97: The Entrepreneur

By Lauren Ritter
March 5, 2012 - 12:00pm

On first glance Lauren Myers-Marion ’97 might seem unintimidating, but after talking to her for just a few minutes, it becomes quite clear that this modern Wonder Woman has quite a few accomplishments on her shelf! READ MORE

Casey Sweeney ’13: The Working World’s Wonder Woman

By Jessica McSweeney
February 11, 2012 - 3:12pm

What’s your passion? There are few things more inspiring than hearing someone else spill about what moves her to be her best - and listening to Casey Sweeney ’13 speak about her passions is a truly moving experience. Are you ready to be inspired? READ MORE

Melanie Jorgensen ’14: The Gymnast

By Jessica McSweeney
November 18, 2011 - 2:05pm

She might look tiny, but Melanie Jorgensen ’14 is one collegiette™ who packs a wallop. As a young member of the Cornell Varsity Gymnastics Team, Melanie has already seen quite a bit of success – her freshman season was topped off by the team’s first Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC) championship title in history.Though the reigning Ivy League Uneven Bars Champion, National USA Gymnastics (USAG) Uneven Bars Champion, and All-American Athlete might seem superhuman, she’s also just a regular girl balancing the demands of academics, sorority life, and other hobbies – all while mastering the perfect moves on the mat. READ MORE

Panhel President: Romantic About Greek Life

By Jessica McSweeney
September 23, 2011 - 1:42pm

It isn’t always easy being Greek – just ask Corinna Romantic ’12, the current President of Cornell’s Panhellenic Council.  Corinna’s term thus far has had its fair share of unexpected twists and turns: a one-year speed-up of the university’s implementation of the new recognition policy for fraternities and sororities, the arrival of Phi Sigma Sigma, the newest addition to the Panhellenic community, and increased pressure from the administration to end dangerous pledging practices have left Corinna with little downtime.  Despite all the curveballs, this collegiette™ is still a champion for the system and its betterment – and wants you to be, too. 
READ MORE

Emily Walker '13: "Lucky Stiff" Actress

By Her Campus Cornell
May 5, 2011 - 9:18pm

Emily Walker '13 loves to act. In Risley Theater's latest production, "Lucky Stiff," she plays Rita la Porta, "a bit of a nutcase from Atlantic City, New Jersey" who "spends the entire play attempting to get the 6 million dollars back that she embezzled from her husband for her lover (who she accidentally shot)." 

For a girl from SoCal, this role might seem like a bit of a stretch, but Emily is, in relative terms, a seasoned pro--she's been doing theatre since she was 12. READ MORE

Brianna Fowler '13

By Amanda Quain
April 30, 2011 - 6:04pm

Brianna Fowler ’13, better known as Anna, shares no relation with Annabel Fowler other than the unlikely similarity in name and position as President of the Cornell Class of 2013. She also, however, shares Annabel’s passion for Cornell and she shows it as a member of the sorority Delta Delta Delta, contributor to Cover Africa, and a member of the Executive Board of St. Jude’s Research Hospital.  READ MORE

Student Trustee Candidates: All Your Questions Answered

By Amanda Lomanov
April 20, 2011 - 5:33pm

We all want to get involved and make informed decisions when we’re voting about our future at Cornell. But... it can be difficult to tell candidates apart when election day comes along. We at Her Campus thought it would be helpful to boil down all six Student Trustee candidate campaigns into an easy-to-understand graphic organizer. Now you can figure out who to vote for without getting bogged down by rhetoric! In their own words... READ MORE