Anna Wang: Coming to an Independent Theater Near You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cornell chapter.

Who are you?Anna Wang

How old are you?

19 years and hopefully counting

Year/major?

Sophomore, ILR

Where are you from?

Ithaca New York, 14850

Favorite quote?

“I don’t try to impress anybody, but myself” -Johnny Rotten

I also like what Edward Norton says about Brad Pitt in Fight Club. “No fear, no distractions, the ability to allow that which does not matter truly slide.”

Favorite color?

Lavender

Favorite movie?

I don’t know, but the last movie I re-watched and liked again was Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Favorite TV show?

Maybe Breaking Bad? Jesse’s my favorite, but BryCran has my vote for Hot Dad’s Club. 

What are you involved with on campus?

I’m one of the Co-directors of Training and Recruitment at WVBR. If you wanna be a DJ, I’m your girl. I’m also a trip leader with Alternative Breaks, an organization that puts students in service learning trips in New York and around the country. My trip is called Urban Environments and you can find me on a youth farm in Rockaway this Spring Break!

What are your hobbies?

I like playing guitar and piano, but I’m too lazy to be good at either. I also paint sort of. 

Who is your role model?

I don’t really have role models, but maybe my older brother? He was a frat star at Cornell and an idiot, but he’s the first one I go to for life advice. Other than that maybe my mom because I respect how much she cares for her family and how she truly understands what is fundamental in life.

What is your dream job?

Something in the media/film world. Not sure exactly what, but I want to be doing something creative and meaningful. 

Favorite part of being a Cornell Student?

Taking the time to educate myself, meet new people, and have new experiences. It’s an incredibly rare and unique time in life and it’s easy to take that for granted.

Any advice you would give to new students?

Stay grounded, make friends, and embrace experiences that grow you and lead you towards self-understanding. Do you, but try not to hurt anyone else in the process. 

What is something people would be surprised to learn about you?

I have a couple random talents. I can thread eyebrows, whistle any tune, and tie a knot in a cherry stem (with my tongue.)

Communications major/ Business minor @ Cornell University.
I am a sophomore Communication major at Cornell University, with minors in Creative Writing and Law & Society. I was born and raised in California and, besides writing, I have interests in 4-H, law and film production. At Cornell, I serve on the Literature Review, am an avid member of Film Society, work as a Cornell Ambassador and participate in AWC (American Women in Communication). I am also the Campus Correspondent for Cornell's Her Campus chapter!!