This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Viangely Asencio (better known as Vivi on campus) is a Dominican girl with lots of flare. She is super determined and hilarious (as some of her friends would say). Read more about this awesome gal and her all-time favorite food.

Class Year: 2020      

Hometown: Miami, FL        

Majors: Italian, Sociology, and Government

Pathway: Global Capitalism

Extracurricular activities: Her Campus, PEEPs (Peer Health Education), Club Volleyball, Language Fellow, Language and Culture Center Assistant, CCSRE (Center for the Comparative Study of Race and Ethnicity) Intern, Student Adviser…to name a few.

Favorite book: The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka

Favorite TV shows: Omg so many but Law and Order SVU, The Simpsons, Prison Break, and Parks and Rec

Favorite movie: One Day starring Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess

Favorite song(s): Currently I’m into “Flightless Bird, American Mouth” by The Shepherd’s Dog and “Crazy” by Gnarls Barkley

Personal motto: You will grow where you are planted

Favorite place on campus: The benches in front of Smith

Favorite place near Conn: For the summer, I was a Camp Counselor for children and adults with disabilities at Harkness Memorial State Park- so this place means a lot to me!

What is your favorite food? TACOS! TACOS! TACOS! It is literally the most balanced food you can eat because it meets most categories on the food pyramid. Fun fact: for my 18th birthday, I had a taco party. #tacosarelife

If you could choose anyone to have dinner with, who would you choose and where would you wine and dine? Nelson Mandela fo’ sure and probably at a restaurant where they sell tacos ;)

Do you have a favorite class you’ve taken at Conn? I’m only a sophomore but I really liked the course U.S Government & Politics (GOV111) with Professor Borrelli.

Are you going abroad, and if so, where? I have been taking Italian since 6th grade and after eight years of studying the language, I can finally say CATCH ME IN ITALY FOR FALL 2018!!! (There will definitely be a Her Campus article in the future about my study aboard experience so stay tuned!)

Do you have an embarrassing Camel moment? Should I publicly humiliate myself on the internet? Yes, why not. 1) my hilarious cameo on The Jerry Springer Show, 2) I’m a Florida girl so I had never been to an ice hockey game before I came to Conn. Last year, I remember going to my first ice hockey game and a couple of players crashed into the wall. I was SO scared that I screamed at the top of my lungs, and 3) for Halloween last year, I dressed up as “Beyonce” and EVERYONE either laughed or roasted me #failure. Okay, I will stop there.

Dream job or career choice? I’m currently on the pre-law track so I can maybe work for the FBI or be a judge. Honestly, anything that involves justice, law, and helping others.

Any hobbies? Other than procrastinating, not many people know this but I have been playing the piano for more than a decade. Watching lots of NBA games. Attempting to recreate BuzzFeed Food recipes. Also, I enjoy dancing – you will find me at any given moment dancing in my room to Celia Cruz. I like swimming in bodies of water. And community service (another fun fact: I had over 1,000 community service hours during high school).

Kiely is a senior at Connecticut College. A dedicated Psychology Major and Elementary Education Certification Scholar, she enjoys playing club soccer, playing board games or hiking with friends in her spare time. She just completed her summer internship at an elder care law firm and studied abroad in Cork, Ireland last spring. Currently, she is student teaching.
Her Campus Conn Coll