danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

#wheremycamelsat Summer 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Being back on the daily work grind has us already nostalgic for summers past. Summertime sadness anyone? During this past summer the writers of Her Campus proved they learned the meaning of work hard, play hard! From amazing internships that connected people to the rich and famous, to exotic globe trotting, to quiet nights on the beach, read and reminisce with us about everything the girls of HC were up to during summer 2014!!

“Long story short, if I wanted to go out and meet up with a friend, I easily could have just walked out the front door– but not at 2am with a 7-year-old sleeping right there and her grandmother watching over her like a hawk. So I literally climbed out my window and sneaked out in the middle of the night to go night swimming with a friend.”

“Over the summer I worked at the Portsmouth chamber of commerce as an intern and did psychology research at the university of New Hampshire.”

“This summer I went to Lyon, France to visited my family and spent the rest of the summer working in a restaurant!”

“My summer was spent at my families beach house it consisted of bike rides, morning yoga sessions, beach runs, and working at the local ice cream parlor/restaurant Barry’s Do Me A Flavor.”

“During the summer, I worked at a law firm in Manhattan as a paralegal intern. I also traveled to Prague, Vienna, and Budapest with my family in August.”

“I spent my summer living and interning for a Public Relations company in New York City. I worked with opening new restaurants in the city (check out Obica Mozzarella Bar in the Flatiron District!) and organizing vacations to resorts in Italy for celebrities (like Kate Upton!). I even got to help host a cast party for the TV show Royal Pains!”

“This summer I interned for a branding firm in NYC”

“This summer I went to Israel on my Taglit-Birthright trip where I ran into HC’s graphic designer at the Dead Sea (#wheremycamelsat), worked at a local ice cream shop, and spent another amazing family vacation in Hilton Head Island, SC where we go every summer!

“I worked at Toys R Us, spent a week in NY with my boyfriend and his family, and spent a lot of time in Naragansett with my family”

“This summer I spent a lot of time in Big Sur, California hiking and eating amazing food!”

“Over the summer I went on a trip to Europe with my best friend. We’d been planning the trip since first grade/after we watched Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. We went to Paris, Nice, Florence and Winnenden in Germany!”

“This summer, I traveled to Israel on a Taglit Birthright trip. Following the trip, I stayed in Tel Aviv with some friends, then spent time with family nearby Tel Aviv!

“I spent a week in North Carolina with my family this summer. It was our chance to relax and regroup and realize I was going to college in a few weeks so this was major bonding time for us. We went to the beach, had bonfires every night, walked the boardwalk, and just relaxed. I also took the opportunity to enhance my photography skills with some gorgeous views.”

“This summer I interned at Sotheby’s International Realty, worked as a copywriter for a personal stylist firm in NYC, and worked as a Social Media & Public Relations Consultant for a restaurant!”

“My summer had the perfect combination of work and play! I worked at a college near me in the Office of Advancement as a digital marketing intern. I also went on a family vacation to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. We survived Hurricane Arthur just in time to get back to New York to shop for my sister’s wedding dress.”

“This summer I worked at Acadia Hospital and also for an Environmental Consulting company assisting with lab work.”

“This summer I taught tennis to kids ages 6 to 16 at a tennis club in Arizona.  I also interned at Arizona Public Media which is a news and radio station.”

“I worked at a catering company and got to witness some really fabulous weddings. I also lifeguarded at the local pool!”

“This summer I interned at the Museum Of Chinese In America (MOCA) which is located in New York City’s Chinatown. At the museum, I worked in the collections department. It was a really great experience because I got to practice my Mandarin and learn more about Chinese American history and the history of Chinatown through the different artifacts I got to handle.”

Susannah is a senior at Conn Coll finishing up her Psychology and English double major with her Religious Studies minor. Susannah loves finding new music on Spotify, watching romantic comedies, and practicing yoga. Fresh out of the oven cookies are her greatest weakness rivaled only by her love of online shopping.