This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

This past Wednesday, Connecticut College Gender & Sexuality Programs and the Office of Student Wellness & AOD Education sponsored an important gynecological health panel entitled “What’s Going on Down There?” The panel consisted of personnel from Student Health Services at Connecticut College and personnel from Planned Parenthood of Southern New England. During the event, students were invited to submit anonymous questions about women’s health and get the answers they have always wondered about. The questions ranged from “when should I see a gynecologist?” to “how do I know if I have a UTI?” The event was then opened to questions from the audience. Here is one of the biggest things to take away from the event…

If you feel like you might have some kind of UTI, another type of infection, or have any type of question, don’t be afraid to seek out help! It’s best to catch infections and other problems as early as possible and it’s not as awkward as you may believe!

Gynecological health is important and can definitely be intimidating at times. However, it is not something to ignore and there are always people to help us all understand things a little better! Thank you to Connecticut College Gender & Sexuality Programs and the Office of Student Wellness & AOD Education for putting on such a great and informative event!

Francesca is a senior at Connecticut College double majoring in Biology and Italian. She is from Bethany, CT and is a huge Friends and Greys Anatomy enthusiast!