This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

It’s finally that time of the year! The holiday where eating like an NFL player is judged by no one (most likely because everyone in the room is doing it) and your favorite foods of the season are displayed flawlessly on the buffet table. Whether you celebrate with two or twenty-two, Thanksgiving is a holiday where food, friends and family come together to celebrate, give thanks and most importantly, eat. While there are a hundred things not to forget on Thanksgiving here are a few that are essential to a successful 2017 Turkey Day. 

1. Dress to impress. Look stylish and show off your fashion skills but also remember NOT to wear restricting clothes. Wear clothes that won’t judge you no matter how many times you go back for more cornbread. There’s nothing worse than realizing you can’t have more because your pants are telling you no. 

2. Make a list. Cooking? Baking? In charge of setting the table and decorations? Whatever task you’ve been given, it’s important to do it and to do it right. Make a step-by-step list for your job for a guaranteed way of not missing anything in the mist of Thanksgiving day chaos. 

3. Choose your seat wisely. Granted some table arrangements are preset with name cards (good luck to you) but some aren’t. If you are lucky enough to pick your own seat make sure to sit next to your cool jet-setting cousin or your family friend who’s awkward but bearable. Careful not to end up next to your uncle who will chew your ear off. 

4. Shopping on Friday? Be sure to get some rest so you can stay alert on your big shopping spree. Otherwise, you snooze, you lose. 

5. Be ready to answer those unwanted questions. They’re inevitable, they’re uncomfortable but they are definitely part of the Thanksgiving tradition. 

6. At a loss for creativity? Pies aren’t the only dessert that should get all the attention this Thanksgiving. Check out these goodies that will not only make you remember why you love Thanksgiving so much but will also give you great alternatives for dessert. 

7. And most importantly, don’t forget to say what you’re thankful for. Thanksgiving day should not be the only time you acknowledge what you’re thankful for but it’s a great day to reiterate everything and everyone that makes your world just a little bit brighter. 

Happy Thanksgiving from the Her Campus Conn Coll team!

Julie is a junior at Connecticut College from Montclair, New Jersey studying dance and psychology. She loves to share her passion for food with friends and family and has been on a life long quest to find the world's best slice of pizza. In her free time, Julie enjoys yoga and hopes to one day become a certified yoga instructor. 
Her Campus Conn Coll