Top 10 Surprise Guests on Taylor Swift’s 1989 Tour

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

We held our breath as the page loaded on the ticket sales website. We clicked as fast as we could to get the best available seat. Then, we waited months until the day of the show: Taylor Swift’s 1989 World Tour. Decked out in our best concert outfits we screamed as Taylor took the stage. But wait, who is that she is bringing out on stage with her?!

Every night of a Taylor’s 1989 Tour in the United States, she was joined onstage by a special guest artist. Although we are sad the US part of her tour is over, we still cherish the memory of the awesome nights that were filled with Taylor’s fantastic voice, joined by so many other amazing singers and bands, so we are going back to list our picks for our 10 favorite guests on Taylor Swift’s 1989 Tour.

10. The Band Perry

If we die young, we are at least glad that we got to see Taylor Swift and the supremely talented The Band Perry perform “If I Die Young” together onstage.

9.  Lorde

We love Lorde and her crazy dance moves that rival Taylor’s mad dance skills, so it was awesome to see them take the stage together!

8. Mariska Hargitay

Mariska aka Olivia Benson from Law and Order: SVU aka Taylor Swift’s cat’s namesake strutted her stuff down the runway during Taylor performance of “Style.” Work it, Mariska!

7.  Idina Menzel

Idina Menzel donned her Queen Elsa costume to join Taylor who was dressed as the adorable snowman Olaf to sing “Let It Go” from Disney’s Frozen.

6. Fetty Wap

“Trap Queen” was such a summer-anthem, but it was still a surprise to hear Taylor rap along with Fetty Wap like a pro.

5.  Lisa Kudrow

Friends fans rejoiced when Lisa Kudrow—or as we like to call her: Phoebe—joined Taylor onstage to sing “Smelly Cat.”

4. The Weeknd

We couldn’t feel our face either because of how big we were smiling when The Weeknd joined Taylor onstage.

3. Ellen DeGeneres

Nothing beats our favorite talk show host Ellen prancing down the runway in a sparkly tutu!

2. Justin Timberlake

JT is forever our Man Candy Monday. We were beyond excited to see him join our girl Taylor on the 1989 stage to sing “Mirrors.”

1. Selena Gomez

Besties Selena and Taylor absolutely slayed when they performed Selena’s song “Good for You” #girlpower

Keep an eye out to see what guests may join Taylor on stage for the 1989 Tour outside of the United States. You never know what she’s going to surprise you with! We love you, Taylor!!

Jessica is a junior at Connecticut College, but she is originally from Massachusetts. She is double majoring in English and Environmental Studies with the the hope of pursuing a career in environmental communications. She loves poetry (especially Emily Dickinson), pop punk music, and her puppy Eli. 
Her Campus Conn Coll