This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

For someone not in a relationship, February 14th is the worst day of the entire year.  Valentine’s Day basically throws love in your face in the form of candy, hearts, flowers, and the multitude of social media posts.  However, this much anticipated day is not restricted to relationships—you can still have fun living the single life! Here are five ways to make the most out of Valentine’s Day and love yourself.

1. Take care of yourself  

College can be stressful between the huge amounts of homework, late nights, and busy schedule.  Take time to pamper yourself.  Put on a face mask, paint your nails, and deep condition your hair.  Treating yourself will replenish your state of mind.

2. Get together with friends

Spend Valentine’s Day with a group of your closest friends.  Have a PJ party and binge watch movies or TV shows. 

Some classic chick flicks include:

-Valentine’s Day

-Love Actually

Some of my current favorite TV shows:

-This is Us

-Riverdale

-How to Get Away With Murder

3. Reflect

Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be about love towards others—it is also a day to remind yourself of your self-worth.  Personally, it helps me to sit down and write in my journal.  I love using different colors and lettering styles.  Turn on some music, change into comfy clothes, and just take time for yourself.

Some other ideas include:

-Reading Poetry (I’m currently loving The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur)

-Drawing/Doodling

-Listen to inspirational podcasts 

4. Try something new

It can always be a nice change to do something different and out of the ordinary.  Who knows, you may even find something you’re passionate about! Take a day trip to a new place, or gather a couple of close friends and splurge on a nice dinner.  I personally love to try new restaurants!

5. Reconnect with Home

If you’re feeling low on Valentine’s Day because you’re not in a relationship, do not worry! You can still experience the feeling of love.  Take some time to call home and remind yourself that there is a whole group of people who love you.  

Sophmore from Brookfield, Connecticut (which is about two hours away from Conn). CISLA scholar, Anthropology major, intended hispanic studies minor. Outside of classes, she spend the majority of her time in a coffee shop or playing her flute.
Her Campus Conn Coll