Printstagram: A fun, new, way to decorate your dorm room!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Do you feel like your dorm room is missing something? Are your walls still the same boring white walls that you saw when you first moved in? Enter: Printstagram! This new service lets you print your Instagram photos, allowing you to add a little je ne sais quoi to your abode. 

A couple of weeks ago, I answered yes to both of these questions. I had taped various postcards, photos, and posters to my wall, but still didn’t feel satisfied with the way my walls looked. Being a freshman this year, one of the things I was really looking forward to (in addition to academics of course) was living in a dorm room and having the freedom to transform my new living space! I wanted a place I would look forward to being in after a long day of studying, as well as a place that would remind me of my room at home. 

Luckily, one day I noticed my roommate in the midst of hanging up her pictures. While watching, I realized that her photos didn’t look like the ones I had printed at the Kodak Picture Kiosk in CVS. Instead of being on glossy photo paper, these photos were printed on archival paper (which is basically really nice acid free paper) and they were square shaped prints. Wanting to know where she ordered them from, I eagerly asked. She explained to me that she ordered them off of this new website; that was the day that I found out about the wonderful world of Printstagram!

My roommate’s wall full of her Prinstagram prints

Printstagram gives you the opportunity to order high quality prints of regular and Instagram photos! Not only are their prints done on high quality paper, but compared to many other photo printing services, Printstagram is not very expensive. I ordered 24 4×4 prints for only $12 dollars!  Considering the quality of the paper, and the quantity of prints I ordered, I thought this was a good deal!

Before: 

After:

A closer look:

In addition to ordering square prints of your photos, Social Print Studio (which basically runs Printstagram) gives you the opportunity to order other awesome things with your photos on them such as posters, mini books, and magnets.

I recommend that if you are looking for a way to decorate your dorm room, or if you are an avid photographer, or simply a recreational Instagram user like myself, you should check out Prinstagram’s website and consider ordering prints of your own!

Hallie is a Junior who enjoys writing for Conn Coll’s Her Campus chapter! Not only does she love the fact that she shares the same initials as Her Campus (HCXO!), but she loves being part of the Her Campus Conn Coll community, as well as having the opportunity of integrating her passion for photography, journalism, and pop culture throughout her posts. She is currently on the executive board of Her Campus Conn Coll and manages the twitter account.
Her Campus Conn Coll