How to Decorate your Floralia Tent

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

With Floralia coming up THIS SATURDAY (omg!!!), you need to prepare how you’re going to set up your tent (even if it’s in the wee hours of the morning).  Here are some ways to make your tent comfy, cool, and definitely stand out from the rest!

First lay down a few comfy blankets, and maybe even bring a sleeping bag or two because the early-morning setup is tiring, and mid-day naps in the tent are inevitable.

(Featuring Sarah Parker circa 3:00 a.m. floralia 2k14)

Bring flags!  Either decorate your own white sheet or flag or put some up to rep where you’re from.

Piñatas are always fun, and will definitely attract an audience!  You can hang them on your tent and put whatever you want inside them for an extra surprise (We strongly suggest candy necklaces!).

Chairs (beach chairs, trampoline chairs, etc.), couches, and futons are pretty necessary and will invite a large crowd over.

If anyone has a mini trampoline, this is the time to bring it out and into your tent because the only thing better than a trampoline chair is an actual trampoline!  You won’t regret it.

Mardi Gras beads and leis can be strung to the sides of the tent for a chill daytime vibe.

Finally, glow sticks can be dispersed throughout the tent, and glow-in-the-dark stars can be stuck to the roof to add some romance and light up the night!

Have fun decorating!!

Her Campus Conn Coll