This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Meet our newest Campus Cutie: Matt Luciani! You may recognize this sweet sophomore from Honor Council or Conn’s mariachi band; wherever you find Matt, he always has a smile on his face. Read our exclusive interview with him to find out how to steal his heart, learn his theory on the camel mascot, and know what he will be up to this summer!!

Year: 2016

Major: History and Goodwin-Niering Scholar

Extracurricular activities and hobbies:  Honor Council, CCSRE student worker, MEChA; guitarist, hiker, and sushi enthusiast

Hometown: Trumbull, CT

What’s your most embarrassing moment? 

I’ve never been a fan of amusement parks, but my high school class took a trip to Six Flags during my senior year. A bunch of my friends, including this girl I liked, wanted to ride the tallest roller coaster in the park. Gripped with a sudden desire to prove myself, I foolishly decided to sit next to my crush. Never again. I screamed the entire time and gripped her arm so tight I think I definitely cut off her circulation. So much for taking chances!

Do you have any pets?

I have a teacup poodle named Lucy who, according to her last trip to the vet, weighs 3 pounds and 10 ounces.

What are your summer plans?

I received a grant from the Mellon Foundation to continue a research project I started in a sophomore research seminar last semester this summer at Yale! So that should be fun. Other than that, hopefully lots of bluegrass and beach jams.

If you could have one superpower, what would it be? 

I would give up all the superpowers in the world for a Jedi mind trick.

Suppose one of our readers spotted you sauntering through Shain Library and wanted to start a conversation with you. To what conversation starter and/or pick-up line would you be most receptive?

Quote any line from Frozen, and I’m yours.

Brownie Kringles – delicious or revolting?

DELICIOUS

Spirit animal?

Golden Lab. More specifically, Dug from Up.

Favorite song lyric?

So tough. I’m fickle, so this will probably change tomorrow, but I’d say the following lines from “Re: Stacks” By Bon Iver:

This is not the sound of a new man or crispy realization    It’s the sound of the unlocking and the lift away    Your love will be    Safe with me

Do you have a theory as to how the camel became Conn Coll’s mascot?

I like to think that when Conn was founded in 1911, the first president had a pet camel. But I looked up the real story the other day, and it’s nowhere near as exciting.

Her Campus Conn Coll