Campus Cutie: Liz Malman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Meet Liz Malman! She’s a Conn Coll Campus Cutie and an overall basketball star. The sophomore is counting down the days until Festivus, blasting Tay Swift’s “Blank Space,” and preparing for finals by stocking up on popcorn all while her life revolves around basketball. When you see this brown-haired beauty walking around campus, chances are she is headed down to the AC. Liz is helping her team to start this season on the right foot and is hoping to beat Tufts down the road. We will be cheering for her and all of the Camels on the women’s basketball team! #ballin!

Class Year: 2017

Hometown: Mendham, NJ

Major: Economics

Extracurricular activities: Women’s basketball

Celeb Crush: Channing Tatum and J. Law

Describe your ideal date: Movie and candlelit dinner

What pick-up line will get your attention? “Can I get you a drink?”

Relationship status: In a relationship #taken

What is so special about playing basketball for Conn?

Being a part of something bigger than yourself. Also, it is nice to have a family away from home. Especially coming in as a freshman, I was happy to have a support group who welcomed me.

Who is your biggest competition in NESCAC this year?

Tufts. They made the final four in the NCAAs last year. Both times we played them last year, we played very well and came close to beating them. Tufts is a really good team and beating them would show how good of a team we are.

You recently scored a career-high of 30 points against Albertus Magnus. What motivates you to play your best?

I play for my teammates; I want to help my teammates any way that I can. Having a cheering section made up of my friends and family at every game helps to motivate me. I’m so grateful for their support.

Any pre-game rituals? Have a few Oreos and listen to Jason Derulo in my car while driving down to the AC

Foul shot routine: Line my right foot up to middle of basket, one dribble, deep breath, shoot (Editor’s note: Most of the time, it’s a swish!)

Personal motto: “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take” ;)

Favorite TV show: Friends

Party anthem (right now): “Blank Space” (OBVI!)

Go-to dance move: Dougie

Spirit Animal: LIZard

Favorite place on campus: Tempel Green

It’s a Saturday night, what are you ordering at Cro? Mozz sticks

Cro pizza or Harris pizza? Cro pizza

How do you create the perfect Sunday Sundae?

One scoop of cookie dough ice cream and one scoop chocolate lover’s chocolate and chocolate sprinkles. When you think there are enough chocolate sprinkles, you add more.

Are you a waffle or pancake girl? Homemade chocolate chip pancakes — the best kind

Walk or drive to the AC? Drive

What is your study secret? I study and learn it. #flashcardsonflashcards

Go-to study snack: Popcorn

If you could have one superpower, what would you choose? Teleportation, so I could go anywhere I wanted at anytime.

You are #blessed with the Plex this year. Tell us the deats.

Well, I live in the penthouse with my best friends. I love playing the piano above Harris.

Hidden talent: I can play the Pirates of Caribbean theme song on the piano

What is your favorite part of Festivus?

The pre-Festivus festivities with my friends!

If you could spend Winter Break anywhere, where would you go? Bermuda 

What are you looking forward to most this spring semester?

This English class called “Food” where I’ll have to blog about what I eat and Floralia DUH

How do you feel about being Campus Cutie?

Can I put this on my resume?!

Julia is a senior who loves writing for Conn's Her Campus chapter! While she is studying economics and environmental studies, she is also interested in fashion and beauty. Her Campus has allowed Julia to incorporate these personal interests into her weekly schedule.