Campus Cutie: Daniel Janel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Cutie, Daniel Janel, who can be seen either playing basketball, singing A cappella, or managing budgets on the Finance Committee.  Read on to learn his favorite spot on campus and how he makes Harris gourmet! 

Class Year: 2017

Hometown: Queens, NY

Majors: Economics & Philosophy

Extracurricular activities: Men’s Basketball, CONNArtists A cappella, Finance Committee, and some others

Relationship status: Cuffed. “World tour or your girls tour?” definitely my girl’s tour.

Ideal date: Relaxing on the beach

Celeb crush: Natalie Portman

Favorite place on campus: The sun-dial at the top of the green. You look past the campus and gaze at the water. It is one of the most beautiful sights on campus.

What is your favorite extracurricular activity at Conn? Basketball team.

How do you make Harris gourmet?

I add some lettuce, spinach, and green peppers to a bowl. Then, I sprinkle a touch of olives (preferably green), feta, and jalapeños, mixed with succulent balsamic vinegar. I take another bowl and cover my first bowl up to engage in safe “mixing of the salad.” Then, I grab four slices of pizza to wash it all down…

Do you have a favorite class that you have taken at Conn?

From Russia With Love. Learning more about Russian music, art, and literature is wonderful. I also like Econometrics.

How do you feel about being Campus Cutie? 

A big guy like me considered a cutie? Ha, I am honored. #blessed

Emily Morgan is a junior at Connecticut College.  She is studying international relations and loves to write for HerCampus.  She can be found either playing viola in the orchestra or dancing in the dance studio.  
Her Campus Conn Coll