Campus Cutie: Alex Kruck

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Meet Alex Kruck, this week’s Campus Cutie! This sweet sophomore is a pro at taking candids of friends, Grey’s Anatomy enthusiast (has anyone else seen every episode that many times?), and is helping fight cancer by being a member of Conn’s Relay for Life. Keep reading to learn about Alex’s favorite Cro Dance theme and the number one item on her bucket list!

Class Year: 2017

Hometown: Boxford, Mass

Major/Minor: Economics Major, Photography Minor

Relationship status: Single           

Favorite place on campus? The Arbo

Celebrity crush? John Legend

Favorite Cro Dance theme? America Theme

Spirit animal? 

Definitely a big dog, because I’m loyal yet energetic and I love days where I can do nothing.

Current Netflix obsession?

I’m currently re-watching Grey’s Anatomy, although I’ve probably seen every episode at least 5 times

Number one Conn Coll bucket list item?

Sledding in the Arbo!

Favorite late-night snack from Cro?

Either popcorn chicken or a pint of half baked Ben and Jerry’s

As a Photography minor, what is your favorite subject to photograph?

I love taking candids of people. Photography gives you a perspective of the world through a lens that not many people see. 

We hear you are involved in Relay for Life. How did you get involved?

Relay for Life is an incredible organization that I’m lucky to be a part of. So many lives are affected by cancer, whether they have the disease themselves or someone close to them does. I had always known people who had cancer, but it never hit close to home. Then my freshman year of high school my mom was diagnosed with a rare type of cancer, and my family and I were blessed to have such a strong support group. Although my mom passed away after two long years of fighting, I knew that I wanted to help the cause in some way. I joined Relay so that the people who supported my family have less of a chance to suffer in the same way. I’m looking forward to this years Relay for Life on April 18th, and I’m excited that Conn is coming together to support such a big cause.

How do you feel about being Campus Cutie?

I’m honored! 

Danielle Kaplan is a senior from from Westwood, MA, studying economics and dance at Connecticut College. She is the in-house designer and Instagram contributor for Her Campus Conn Coll. In addition to Her Campus, Danielle spends most of her time rehearsing for several on-campus dance performances. Following graduation, she hopes to work for a non-profit organization related to incarceration and/or at-risk youth. But most of all, Danielle's true passions lie in avocados, dark chocolate, and cereal.
Her Campus Conn Coll