Campus Cutie: Alex Iezzi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Cutie Alex Iezzi!   When this James Marsden loving, Goodwin-Niering scholar is not studying volcanoes in Alaska, you’ll probably find her singing her heart out with Miss Connduct at an a cappella concert or playing rugby on Tempel Green!

Class Year: 2015

Hometown: North Haven, CT

Major: Geophysics (self-designed)

Minor: Math and Physics

Extracurricular activities: When I’m not found in the bowels of Olin working on my thesis, you are sure to find me down at rugby practices or singing with my Miss Connduct ladies!

Celeb Crush: James Marsden. He can’t really act, but boy is he cute!

Favorite place on campus: The sundial on Tempel Green. It has the best view on a sunny spring day.

Do you have a favorite class or professor taken at Conn? Hands down. Doug Thompson.

What are your post-graduation plans? In August, I start my PhD in Geophysics at the University of Alaska Fairbanks focusing on Volcano Infrasound and Seismology.

We hear that you are part of Goodwin-Niering center and recently studied volcanoes in Alaska! What was your experience like?

This past summer I worked at the Alaska Volcano Observatory where I got to fly in a helicopter for 5 days over two active volcanoes, one of which was steaming vigorously! I think it’s safe to say….Best CELS internship ever!

How did you get interested in this topic?

I mean, exploding volcanoes…does it really need explaining??? :D

Hallie is a Junior who enjoys writing for Conn Coll’s Her Campus chapter! Not only does she love the fact that she shares the same initials as Her Campus (HCXO!), but she loves being part of the Her Campus Conn Coll community, as well as having the opportunity of integrating her passion for photography, journalism, and pop culture throughout her posts. She is currently on the executive board of Her Campus Conn Coll and manages the twitter account.
Her Campus Conn Coll