This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Tired of studying in your room all the time?  As finals are approaching, here are some good places to study!

Blaustein

Here are some awesome places in Blaustein to study:

1. Language and Culture Center

Located on the bottom floor of Blaustein, near the reference desk, the LCC is a really great place to study for both language classes and non-language classes. It’s usually very quiet, but if you want more quiet, they have a sound proof room in the back! They also have great resources available such as dictionaries, foreign films, newspapers, etc. The LCC also has Macs and P.C.s.

2. Blue Camel Cafe

Who doesn’t like food? Not only does Blue Camel Cafe have great food and cafe-type drinks, but there are also some couches and tables for you to spread out and to study!

Cummings

In addition to Blaustein, Cummings also has various places to study during finals! Some include:

1. Coffee Closet

Like the Blue Camel Cafe, not only does the Coffee Closet have great food and cafe-type drinks, but also there are really comfy couches and chairs.

2. Study space in one of the Galleries

On the first floor of Cummings, right before you go upstairs (using the main stairwell) there is a gallery on the right that has been recently converted into a study space. There are usually not many people in this gallery, so it is a pretty quiet place. The space includes various cubicles, chairs, and tables for you to use.

3. Music Library

On the ground floor of Cummings is Conn’s Music Library. They have various computers that you can use as well as long tables for you to spread all your flashcards out on.

Cro

1. Oasis

Eat some Mozz sticks while sitting at one of Oasis’ Booths studying for finals!

2. Upstairs

In addition to some couches, there are many tables in chairs on the 2nd floor right before the dance department studios.

Coffee Grounds:

Like comfy couches? Coffee Grounds is full of them! Sit back have a Dirty Chai while studying for finals!

Zach’s Hillel House

Study in the basement of Conn’s newly built Hillel House! If you want to take a break with studying, they have a pool table, ping pong and T.V.’s. Take advantage of this awesome newly rennovated space!

Side note: You don’t have to be Jewish to enter the building, everyone is welcome!  

Your Common Room:

For the most part, many common rooms are underutilized. Take advantage of yours!

Check out more spaces here! Where is your favorite place to study on campus? Comment below!

Photos from: 

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Cummings_Arts_Center_Connecticut_…

http://thecollegevoice.org/2011/12/12/best-study-spots-on-campus/

http://www.conncoll.edu/news/campus-construction/campus-construction-2013/

Hallie is a Junior who enjoys writing for Conn Coll’s Her Campus chapter! Not only does she love the fact that she shares the same initials as Her Campus (HCXO!), but she loves being part of the Her Campus Conn Coll community, as well as having the opportunity of integrating her passion for photography, journalism, and pop culture throughout her posts. She is currently on the executive board of Her Campus Conn Coll and manages the twitter account.
Her Campus Conn Coll