4 Ways to Reflect and Record the New Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

It’s almost 2016 ….you know what that means? It’s time to think about starting fresh! Want to be able to have a way of looking back on your accomplishments and memories from the year before? From acing that hard bio test to having a fun night out with the girls, here are some creative ways to record your accomplishments and memories!

1. One sentence a day journal 

Feel like you have no time to write about your day or a significant event? Get a one sentence a day journal! My personal favorite is the “Happiness Journal.” The Happiness Journal is a five-year record inspired by Gretchen Rubin’s book The Happiness Project. Watch the pages fill up as you write down a positive thing or event that happens each day! 

2. DIY “Happiness Jar”

Every time something good happens, write that event on a small sheet of paper and put it in a mason jar! At the end of the year, you’ll have hundreds of small little papers with your accomplishments of that year! 

3. One second video a day

Record a one second video of something each day and at the end of the year you will be able to see what you did everyday of the year! You can either do this manually by piecing the clips together or use Kuriyama’s “1 second everyday” app.

4. Selfie a day
Similar to the one second video a day idea but in picture form! Take a selfie everyday and see both the progression of your year!

Hallie is a Junior who enjoys writing for Conn Coll’s Her Campus chapter! Not only does she love the fact that she shares the same initials as Her Campus (HCXO!), but she loves being part of the Her Campus Conn Coll community, as well as having the opportunity of integrating her passion for photography, journalism, and pop culture throughout her posts. She is currently on the executive board of Her Campus Conn Coll and manages the twitter account.
Her Campus Conn Coll