The 11 Stages of Galentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

While the month of February is most well known for that one special day on the 14, at Her Campus Conn like to think of February as a time to celebrate ourselves and the amazing girlfriends who make our lives so special. Whether celebrating V-Day as a strong single lady, or a partner in a long-term relationship, we couldn’t be more excited that it’s that time of the year again…GALENTINE’S DAY! This is a day solely devoted to spending time with your closest single girlfriends to celebrate each other’s awesomeness and fabulousness (it can even be celebrated with those girls who have significant others).  And who else to lead us through the stages of this magical day than the crew of amazing ladies from Parks and Recreation

Waking up Valentine’s Day morning and being a little bitter about the fact that you are once again single.

And you can’t help but laugh when people ask you if you’re doing anything with you (non-existent) SO on this wonderful day devoted to love.

But you have some great girlfriends to help you get through, and maybe even enjoy, this day.

LET’S HEAR IT FOR THE LADIES

You might need to constantly repeat some empowering mantras, it’s fine–it’s whatever.

And maybe you get a little too into your new boyfriend, Jack Daniels.

You’ll need to cheer up that one friend who recently had a not-so-enjoyable experience with a guy. 

But even though you’re not dating anyone this Valentine’s Day you still look fierce as ever.

And by no means are you alone, because you are surrounded by the stone-cold-foxes who are your besties.

So treat yo’ self this Galentine’s Day!

You deserve it!

Happy Galentine’s Day, Camels!

Madeline is a sophomore at Connecticut College and this is her second year doing Her Campus! She is an English major with a focus in creative writing, and she is from Rochester, New York. She loves fitness, quoting The Office, and spending time with her friends and family.
Her Campus Conn Coll