This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Concordia CA chapter.

Montreal is a great place to meet new people. Most of us know this already, yet we might somehow find it difficult to do exactly that- especially if it’s on a casual, no strings attached basis. Sex folks, that’s what I’m talking about. We all need it, and most of us want it. If you’re the lucky few that don’t have those fierce urges, at least for right now, props to you but for the rest of you poor souls struggling, I feel you.

There’s the whole dating app phenomenon, like Tinder- but I mean, the good old-fashioned way of meeting someone new seems so exotic. It’s so foreign to this generation because we’re so used to everything being online. Fate needs to start bringing out a lot more cute meeting scenarios so that the awkwardness of being on Tinder and basically running into everyone you know by admitting you’re horny, goes away and stays gone. It’s a pretty convenient option, I’ll give you that. You can get laid by the mere action of a right swipe. Like seriously?! Yes please, bring it on.

For those of you who refuse to use it or have already used it but were out of luck, focus more on real life. What I mean by this is take advantage of the city. This is Montreal people! There are countless bars, lounges, clubs and cafes at your service that make it easy to meet someone and scratch that itch. Once you let go of whatever hesitation, doubt or shyness that’s holding you back, you’ll be able to taste the very many fish in the sea.

All it takes is one night. For one night, force yourself and a few friends to hang out at a spot you’re not familiar with, and be open to talking to the other people in the bar. Don’t huddle around your friends with a snobby look on your face because then whoever wants to approach you, won’t. They’ve already assumed you’re not down.

If you need some suggestions, keep reading because I’m about to hit you with five spots that’ll definitely help you score. You can thank me later.

5. Bar Le Lab

The bartenders at this place will literally make a spectacle out of your drink. People gather around the bar and watch all of the fire and juggling effects. This is your chance. Look at the cutie next to you, flash them that sexy smile.

4. Montreal Casino

The casino is a perfect spot because there are all kinds of people that go there. You even have the option to drink and quiet down those nerves. Make your way to a table, maybe a blackjack table, and who knows, you might find yourself waking up in someone else’s bed.

3. Bord’Elle

This lounge/club recently opened up and has attracted so much attention. There are girls who dance on ropes while suspended in the air. You read that right. They’re half naked, dancing and balancing in midair. You are guaranteed to find a whole bunch of horny people in there. Pick one.

2. Burgundy Lion

This place is pretty intimate, and really gives off friendly and classy vibes. People there are super open, and willing to make conversation so take advantage of that. Let that person next to you buy you a drink.

1. Fitzroy

Okay, so if you’re looking for a spot with 20-30 year olds that have decent hipster style and come across as very social, this is the place for you. The music is great, the pool tables are fun, and the bathrooms are clean. I mean seriously, it doesn’t really get better than that. Just walk across a pool table while a cute guy is about to shoot and bump into him. You’re welcome.

Enjoy. Be safe. Use protection. Get freaky.

Somewhat intense, somewhat carefree spirit attempting to navigate through Concordia's English Literature program. Lover of all things literature with an unceasing desire to find my own personal, unique space within the field. Acquires a totally awesome sense of humour.
Krystal Carty

Concordia CA '19

Krystal Carty is a second year journalism student and the founding member of the Concordia chapter of Her Campus. Her interests include drinking copious amounts of caffeine and spending as much time with her adorable rescue dog as possible. Krystal has a degree in sarcasm and a love for all things pop culture.