How to Make the Most of Your Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Concordia CA chapter.

Spring break is a great time of the year, where you have a nice break from your classes and all the school madness. However, though it may be tempting to just start a new series on Netflix and finish the whole thing while snuggled under a fuzzy blanket on the same couch all week, spring break is also a great opportunity to get organized and de-stress. Here are some tips to maximize your use of these 9 magical days.

1.Prepare for your midterms & finals

Of course, this is probably an item you were hoping to not see, but a whole week to prepare rather than struggling to balance classes and studying really is a gift from the Gods we must cash in on. Taking into account your work schedule, try to grant 65 per cent of your days off to school work. For example, if you don’t work, that would mean 5.85 days on nine would be for school work, and if you work three days then that would be 3.9 days on six designated for studying and prepping for midterms, or working on projects, and etcetera. Basically, it’s important that you work efficiently during this time and take advantage of it so that your workload is lighter later on when stress levels are higher.

2. Take time to relax

So, you now have 35 per cent of your break left to do things other than your studies. What do you do with it? My first suggestion is to relax. Sometimes we don’t even realize how stressed we are and how much pressure we put on ourselves during school, so this break really is a great chance to take some time for yourself without feeling guilty about it. Relaxing doesn’t just mean taking a long bubble bath, it also means spoiling yourself a bit and doing things that bring you some peace of mind. Whether it’s spending the day alone at an art museum, visiting your grandparents, or buying a sparkly bath bomb from Lush, it’s really your decision. Of course, this part also includes watching Netflix in your bed and sleeping in late, but essentially it’s about doing things that make you happy and calm.

3. Have some fun

Although prepping for exams and relaxing is already great use of your time during spring break, don’t forget to have some fun! Here are some activities happening in Montreal during Concordia’s spring break (February 18th- February 26th):

Alex is a student at John Molson School of Business, currently undertaking a major in marketing as part of the co-operative program, with the goal of pursuing a career in the advertising industry. Travelling, fashion, videography and photography, as well as good food and good wine are some of her favourite things.
Krystal Carty

Concordia CA '19

Krystal Carty is a second year journalism student and the founding member of the Concordia chapter of Her Campus. Her interests include drinking copious amounts of caffeine and spending as much time with her adorable rescue dog as possible. Krystal has a degree in sarcasm and a love for all things pop culture.