This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Concordia CA chapter.

As final exams come to an end, and you still feel a bit of the toll of those stressful times cramming a semester’s worth of information into a couple of days, don’t fret because you can now enjoy the holiday season! 

If you’re thinking about what kind of holiday themed parties or activities you can partake in this Winter break, maybe these ideas might spark some inspiration.

1. Drunk Santa

Ah, drunk Santa – my favourite kind of Santa! So no, this is not a party where your friend dresses up as Santa and you see how many beers he can chug while sitting on a chair. This event is best kept small and can even include a potluck dinner.

Essentially, everyone arrives at one person’s home and you play drinking games (or simply drink) until you are deemed “drunk”. Next, the rest of the event works as a secret Santa – where everyone chooses a name from a hat and has one hour to find (or make) a present for the person whose name they’ve drawn from the hat. After an hour, everyone arrives back at the house in time to eat dinner. After dinner, everyone can open up their presents and can guess who their drunk Santa was.

2. Ugly Christmas sweater party

The classic ugly Christmas sweater party, where everyone digs into their closets for one of the ugliest holiday themed sweatshirts and arrives at the party in their chosen attire. Some people like to make these parties into a contest, where the ugliest sweater wins a prize.

3. It’s lit (menorah party)

This party involves everyone bringing a menorah. A drinking game which can be played here involves a challenge between two people. Each opponent has their menorah in front of them with all candles lit. If one person can blow out all of the candles in one breath, then their opponent has to chug their drink.

Drinking games

These two drinking games are great to incorporate into your holiday themed party this year:

1. Spin the dreidel

This game is best with a minimum of three people and starts with placing a cup in the middle of a table. Call a side on the dreidel and then spin! If the dreidel doesn’t land on the side that you called, then you must pour some of your drink into the cup in the middle and pass the dreidel to the person next to you. The next person follows the same procedure.

However, if the dreidel does land on the side that you called before spinning it, then you must drink (in full) whatever has been poured into the cup!

2. Pin the red nose on the reindeer

Set up a big poster of a reindeer and cut out a big red nose! You can use sticky tack to put the poster on the wall. Spin the person in a circle and see if they can pin the red nose on the reindeer in the right spot. If they miss, they must take a drink.

I am a Marketing student who loves writing (along with sports, animals, art, and photography).
Krystal Carty

Concordia CA '19

Krystal Carty is a second year journalism student and the founding member of the Concordia chapter of Her Campus. Her interests include drinking copious amounts of caffeine and spending as much time with her adorable rescue dog as possible. Krystal has a degree in sarcasm and a love for all things pop culture.